“Very Nice Place To Eat!”

Sunset Coastal Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Fishers, Indiana
“Very Nice Place To Eat!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were staying in Mexico Beach, about ten miles away. Had I known it was going to be this good, we would have gone earlier in the week. My wife had Pecan Encrusted Grouper with Snow Peas, and Sweet Potato Soufflé, and I had the Lobster Stuffed Ravioli. Both meals were prepared to perfection! The house salad was fresh and the Blue Cheese dressing, made in house was delicious. Cost was VERY reasonable, as a matter of fact I've spent more money on pizza night. Don't miss this place!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank richard3133

Tupper Lake, New York
“rehearsal dinner”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

One of the best meals I have eaten in a long time,the steak was done to perfection,snow peas crisp and seasoned well.Rolls were superb.prompt smiling service people, reasonable prices.It is in a very pretty area of the forgotten coast of Florida.Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited May 2013
Madison, Florida
“Great find in Port St Joe !”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here recently while staying in the area and enjoyed one of the best meals we've had in awhile . I had a dish of blackened triple tail that was one of the best pieces of fish I have ever eaten , prepared perfectly, and seasoned as good as it could possibly be. My wife had the shrimp and fried grits cakes that were also very good as well. Great view from the dining room of the sunset on the water,and the entire restaurant is very well decorated . Very nice looking place throughout. Only thing I could say they could do better is to outfit the waiters and waitresses in some sort of matching uniforms , their dress code doesn't match the rest of the atmosphere at all , but certainly doesn't diminish the rest of the experience here. If you're in the area don't miss dining here especially at sunset . Very glad we were able to enjoy a great meal here , that was obviously prepared by an excellent chef .

Beverly Hills, Florida
“Very good, but be prepared”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Nice ambiance, great waitress. Tripletail entree was excellent but pricey ($30.00), and we weren't informed of that when we were told about the "special". Extensive martini list, "silver bullet" was good. Fried green tomatoes suggested, and we were not disappointed. Homemade salad dressings were fine. Husband ordered "Oscar Tenderloin" and he was disappointed as the meat came in about 5 medallions, tasty but gristle on meat...

Woodstock, Georgia
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our family group was referred by one of the local members of the family who had eaten at the Sunset many times before and enjoyed it each time. We drove over from Mexico Beach to eat dinner one night at sunset --- beautiful.

The restaurant is not your typical beach-type seafood place but more refined and upscale -- a real treat on our vacation trip that did include many of the other type of seafood eatery. Everyone's food was excellent, service was fast and efficient, and the owners were nice to visit our table. We'll definitely visit again, even if we have to drive a few miles to get there. It was a wonderful experience.