“Not on the beach, not even near the beach.”
Review of Mainstay Suites

Mainstay Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Port Saint Joe
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Hotel is clean, well-maintained, and new, but it is located 3 miles outside of Port St. Joe proper. The rooms are small, the beds are uncomfortable, and I'd choose another hotel next time.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dubiouswonder
There are newer reviews for Mainstay Suites

Reviewed March 25, 2010

This was a very nice little hotel, in the middle of nowhere. It served its purpose, had an adequate complimentary breakfast, a wonderful facility, and very friendly, helpful service.

My one and only complaint was that the beds were extremely uncomfortable. To be fair, my bed at home is like sleeping on a cloud, so this definitely wasn't what I was accommodated to sleeping in. I had a really hard time getting comfortable/falling asleep. If they would upgrade the bedding, I would gladly give this hotel 5 dots.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank absolutangel21
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I LOVE THIS HOTEL! It's clean, beautiful, quiet, really everything I want. The owner is nice and attentive. It's close to town, but not part of the bussle. As you can see from my other reviews, I'm no pushover. But I give this hotel an A+ and am VERY HAPPY.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I came to Port St Joe, FL to visit with family. They arranged a room for me at the Mainstay Suites on Hwy 98. A day before my arrival an email was sent notifying us that the room that was reserved for me, a room that was handicap accesible, easy for me to maneuver with my walker, had a walk in shower with bench, etc. was no longer available. They had given the room to someone else. Someone who was willing to pay a regular rate for serveral days, not a customer like me who had requested the senior/AARP rate. They stated that they would give me a higher quality room at their partner hotel closer to town (but it was further from my families residence). I did not argue. Even after arriving at the location and seeing the room. It was so small I could not maneuver at all. The bed took up the whole room and it was near the noisy lounge. The whole incident was upsetting. The next morning we left a message for the manager, Jason. He never bothered to call us back. We called the hotel later that day, they said Jason had recieved the message and switched my room back to the original hotel in Hwy 98 in the handicap manageable room. It would have been nice to get a return call to let us know that. Overall, it was not a pleasant experience. The only nice thing about the Mainstay Suites is Marci, at the front desk. She was always cheerful and helpful. In this very small town, everything is in close proximity, I would recommend the Best Western Apalach Inn, Turtle Beach Inn, Gibson Inn, or the El Governor before I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank BARBENDEN
MainStaySuitesFL799, General Manager at Mainstay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2010

At our hotel you we try our best to accommodate every guest request in order to make their stay a memorable one. Unfortunately there are times when we can not accommodate every request. In this instance we did try without success to contact the guest by telephone prior to their arrival. The ADA accessible room they had requested had been booked by a guest that was due to check out on the day of their arrival but decided to extend their stay. As they required a roll in shower to accommodate a wheelchair we assigned the new guests to an alternate ADA accessible room. The guests were upset so we offered them an upgrade that was double the value at our sister property. When we heard they were upset with the upgraded accommodations we switched them back to an alternate ADA accessible room at the MainStay Suites. Again, we strive to deliver the best possible experience for every guest, every time, and we sincerely apologize for not making that happen.

Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed 3 nights at the Mainstay Suites. Its location was perfect . We were able to bicycle from the hotel to the beach with little to no traffic. The suites is owned locally and all the help really care about you. Dave was very helpful and invited us to the beach party held at one of the best beaches I have ever seen. Extras include a bar-be-que area for patrons. This is our second visit and will not be our last. You are close to everything good food, beaches, and great kayaking.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed at the Mainstay over Labor Day Weekend and it was a great experience. The staff was professional, the rooms were spotless, and the Mainstay is pet friendly! We plan on making our trip to Port St. Joe an annual trip and plan on staying at the Mainstay next year.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2009

The staff at Main Stay were extremely nice to my family and friends that came from GA. My sister and her husband Sheryl Gay and Mark Gay live in Port St. Joe and there house burned down and I lost my nephew in the fire on May 17th. Main Stay opened there doors to us and we stayed for 3 days. I am truly grateful.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola
Coombs House Inn
Coombs House Inn
#1 of 3 in Apalachicola

Been to Mainstay Suites? Share your experiences!