4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dockside Cafe - CLOSED

Dockside Cafe
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Server was very nice, attentive and also told us about the area. Oyster PoBoy and Mahi basket were very good. Would definitely go back again.

• Visited February 2014

Colquitt, Georgia
“not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

this was our 2nd time. the first dining experience was wonderful. this time - terrible. ordered a dozen raw oysters, they served oysters that were shredded in the shell, took 3 to cover a cracker. I have worked in seafood restaurants in this area before, we would not have served oysters that looked like these did. I ordered the flounder plate with fried corn, corn was inedible, overcooked, and the flounder looked like what I buy in the frozen food section of my grocer. don't know what to think!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Tim H
Port Saint Joe, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

went for lunch on a cold winter's day....conch fritters were the best I've ever had! Amberjack fingers were fresh and crunchy, atmosphere wonderful, friendly and such a colorful décor. Cold draft beer and speedy service. Great Find!

• Visited January 2014
Port Saint Joe, Florida
“Dockside Cafe not all it could be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We hadn't been eaten there in a couple of years when my wife and I stopped at the Dockside Cafe in Port St. Joe on a recent Saturday. We got a nice table overlooking the water, but even that could not save the situation. We both wanted grilled fish but the options were so limited that we each settled for cheeseburgers and fries. It almost seemed like grease was the main ingredient of both items. The good sized burger had grease soaked through the entire top bun by the time my sandwich arrived. I was quite hungry so I ate most of it and a good portion of my fries. My wife couldn't handle that, so she ate her tomato slice and the meat from the burger only. One greasy fry was enough for her. I was surprised, at first, when the very good waitress didn't ask us how we enjoyed our meal, but when I thought about it for a minute, it was obvious why not.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Jack G
South Carolina
“The view is great,the prices reflect....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Great views from this dockside restaurant.
Myself and a co-worker stopped in for a late lunch before heading away from the job and back home for the holidays.
I ordered the shrimp platter(blackened) with coleslaw as my side.
The food was prepared quickly,the staff were attentive and the weather was great for sitting under the covered patio and enjoying the view.

• Visited December 2013