“Nogstalgic and Fun”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Chicago vicinity
“Nogstalgic and Fun”
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Apart from the cash register and selections in the beverage cooler, this place looks as if its gone unchanged for 60-70 years.

I absolutely love the atmosphere and the food. The menu is pretty much oysters or shrimp, steamed or raw (or baked oysters), and sometimes gumbo. Its a no frills joint, but thats what makes it so funky.

I'm already looking forward to my next visit. Note-- this place is quite a bit out of Port St. Joe, perhaps 10 miles. And there is nothing else around... so beware.

Cumming, Georgia
“Very laid back and nostalgic”
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My husband and I have been vacationing in this area for many years, and have only tried the Raw Bar once because I am a fried seafood nut, and they do not have fried seafood, decided to go for the experience of the area, and for our 21st wedding anniversary, to do something simple and down to earth, not fancy. We went there in shorts and flops straight from the beach and pool, it was great, I had peel and eat shrimp for the first time in my life, and my husband had the raw oysters, his favorite! Definitely go for the experience unless you need fancy when you eat out, then this is not for you, requires one to really appreciate history and the area of Indian Pass. There is nowhere else to eat close by either.

southern Indiana
“''Off the chart''”
Reviewed October 9, 2010

My wife and I were visiting friends last week in indian pass and the 4 of us went out friday night to the Raw bar, what a treat. We ordered serveral dozens of raw oysters and steamed shrimp these were very good we also tryed the gumbo which also was good . But are favorite was the garlic and parmesan steamed oyerters. Also on the menu they have steamed crab legs we did not try them but they smelled and looked fantastic. They have hamburgers ,hotdogs and BBQ.You self serve your drinks they have a big cooler of asorted beers and cokes, we even poured our own pitcher of beers we really enjoyed the waiteresses they are very friendly and are sure to keep asking if your ready for some more food . The price is reasonable just depends on how hungry your are .12 oysters raw $8.00 .I think $10.00 steamed . we finish the night sitting outside drinking a couple cold ones listening to a gentleman playing guitar and singing they probly only have this on the weekend but it sure made it for a fun evening . If your in the area ,i would recommend stop in and get you some.

Smyrna
“The shrimp are tops!”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

All of the reviews prepared us for an "experience." We weren't disappointed.
Went for dinner. The place was filling up around 6 pm on a Thursday in late Sept; we sat at the bar and were entertained by the staff. The preceeding lunch had been extremely busy for them and they had ran out of oysters when we got there.

Not to worry, we love shrimp. The steamed shrimp and the crab-stuffed shrimp were scrumptous. The portions are generous so the lack of sides, salads and appetizers didn't matter.

We had spent the day at Cape San Blas beach so it was a short drive. I would think twice if you are the kinda person that hates to drive a distance to eat and then most likely have to wait. If not, throw on a Tshirt and FlipFlops and get yourself a beer out of the refrigerator and relax.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Yep. Worth the trip.”
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Can you say ICE COLD BEER and RAW OYSTERS? Nostalgic atmosphere and everything I expected!!