“A Cultural Experience”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 15, 2009

The Raw Bar is a cultural experience! You won't find white table cloths, veggies or salads and waitress may not smile and bring you water, but the food is wonderful and the atmosphere is unique. This is a "local" establishment and they love to share their experience with visitors to the area. You never know when someone will come in with a guitar and start playing and no one is considered a stranger at the Raw Bar. They have wonderful sea food, I especially love their king crab. You help yourself to drinks in the cooler at the back of the store and when you go to leave just tell them at the register what you ate; the honor system works at the Raw Bar.

There are newer reviews for Indian Pass Raw Bar

Reviewed December 5, 2008

My friend and I stopped on a motorcycle ride here for lunch and the oysters were great, however a little pricey. We almost missed the stop and thought it was a little old general store and asked a car on the side of the road who said, "you're there". The sign is a little faded out and it is off the main roads along the gulf coast. I never had baked oysters like their's and they were delicious.

2  Thank norme-ormond
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Excellent Seafood and you get plenty of it.

1  Thank SweetTeainTN
Reviewed September 5, 2008

My wife and I went to the Indian Pass Raw Bar over Labor Day weekend 2008 with another the couple. The dining room is small so the large crowd out front meant a long wait for us to get for seats inside. They had a very wide selection of beer in their cooler which I enjoyed as a beer lover. Once we got seats the service was not fast, very laid back. If you are in a rush this is not the place to go. Once the food did come it was great. Baked oysters were very good and the shrimp had good flavor. I would come back here because of the food but mostly because it is one of the only restaurants in the area.

1  Thank timu204
Reviewed July 3, 2008

I went to Indian Pass Raw Bar because it was highly recommended by a few people I know. When my husband and I first arrived, we were a little overwhelmed by the VERY laid back atmosphere. There were people everywhere, nowhere to sit, and not much direction from the staff. We ended up sitting at a table along with another family. Luckily, they were regulars and they told us the ins and outs of the place (Hint: don't wait around for your drinks or a check). The seating leaves a little to be desired since it consists of outdoor tables and chairs (but is indoors). Once we got used to all this, we ordered our food which came relatively quickly. The food was amazing. We had baked oysters, crab-stuffed shrimp, and gumbo. All of it was excellent but the baked oysters were definitely the best. There was plenty of food even though it didn't come with any sides (apparently that's how raw bars do it). If you like this kind of atmosphere and great food, you'll like this place. Just don't expect to be catered to. This is a local hangout, and they aren't trying to impress tourists unlike everywhere else in Florida. This place has a lot of personality and great food. I'll definitely be going back.

1  Thank jessb135