“OMG”

Indian Pass Raw Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Toronto, Canada
“OMG”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

OK, I was tempted not to write a review because I want this place to remain the same, but since I found a special section on it in a Florida guide book, I guess the word is already out. Great steamed shrimp, great oysters, great crab legs, great gumbo. We went 3 times in a week because this was way better food than any place around and cheaper too. Great atmosphere, but basic with plastic chairs and tables, beers and pop in the fridge. This place is the old Florida, down-home, real deal, and if you're in the area, do not miss it!

4 Thank Westernwanderer2013

Clayton, Georgia
“Fresh oysters, cold beer, A/C blasting and the golf channel-”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

What more could you ask for? This place rocks! It is definitely "come as you are", nobody there to judge what you're wearing or how your hair looks. This place is so easy and layed back- my husband loves it. The oysters are shucked right there, shrimp is steamed fresh and the saltines and hot sauce are already on the tables with a roll of paper towels. It doesn't get any better than this- a secret hidden gem in the Apalach, CSB area- don't be afraid to stop!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank KimberlyR734
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Atmosphere, Amazing Oysters, Shrimp, Gumbo & Crab Legs”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We LOVE the Indian Pass Raw Bar! We often vacation at Cape San Blas is this is always one of our MUST DO's each and every trip! It's absolutely come as you are, which we love as we are spending the day on the beautiful beaches and don't want "fancy".

Often we find live music on the deck but always find new friends and great conversation. It's a serve yourself beer (no waiting, which is nice) and the food is simple and AMAZING!

Our kids could eat their crab legs all day long. I love the steamed shrimp and we all love their oysters...raw or baked. They oysters are fresh and local. My hubby always has the gumbo before we dig into the main course!

It's a local favorite too! Friendly folks....folks that visit and the staff! You can visit Cape San Blas or anywhere in the area and miss this place!!

Louisville, Kentucky
“The whole bag of chips and then some”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My favorite places on Sanibel Island where my Mother's second home was were the places the "natives" go. For 20 plus years and even after Mother's home was sold we returned looking into buying a cottage. I loved The Mucky Duck and Timmy's Nook. Also ran into many visual Artists and Musicians in for Sanibel Jazz. Alas as prices climbed and the demands of Out of Town residents rose these are the places that were lost. Artists moved off the Island, the funky signs and modest Cottages on Captiva were replaced in many cases with huge homes that mowed down the vegetation hiding the homes. While I appreciate the absence of high rises, the wildlife refuge and many other elements, my husband and I felt more and more disconnected and were beginning to feel the very soul of the place had been hollowed out

When we discovered The Forgotten Coast after a search online for the characteristics we loved about Sanibel, we found treasure. Old Florida still lives and the Indian Pass Raw Bar is at the very heart of this Community. This place throws a party every weekend and we adore it and the people who work there. This is the first place I bring Musicians and other Guests for a true taste of the Community. Great staff, music, beer and seafood. Well done Jimmy & Lori McNeill
we love you and your piece of Old Florida.

Karen & David Whitty
Louisville, Kentucky
Cape San Blas, Florida

2 Thank Karen W
Panama City, Panama
“good times have gone”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Just got back to the Panhandle and went to drink beer and eat oysters at the Raw Bar and they had neither, but was able to find both just up the road. How can this place be rated #2 and not be ready for Snowbirds?

I see others are dealing with my same frustration.

Shame on you Raw Bar