“Great local spot!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great local spot!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place for what it is. It is not fancy. It's what you call a local hole in the wall where the owner is sitting out on the porch & you grab your beers on your own. A lot of locals were present. I got the stuffed shrimp, greasy & good! You aren't going to get healthy here nor are you going to get sides, haha. Just don't expect much & you will be pleasantly surprised:)

Wewahitchka, Florida
“excellent grocery's”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

small place, small seafood menu, ,, place your order at bar, no table service (to speak of), cold beer & friendly locals to chat with,, busy on the weekends come early!!!!!

• Visited March 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
“Always a good time”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We never miss an opportunity to visit the Raw Bar when we're in the area. My husband loves the oysters, waits all year for them. I like the great steamed shrimp and stuffed shrimp. We all like the atmosphere and have had many good conversations with strangers here. No, salads and veggies are not on the menu, but you can't get fresh oysters and shrimp like this back home.

Visited February 2013
Memphis
“What can you say? Unique and awesome experience!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My title says it all. If you are in the area, then it's a must!! Simplistic, unique, friendly, family owned, a place that a chain restaurant could never duplicate. Serve your self drinks from the cooler or beer tap. You keep track of your own consumption and tell the cashier what you had. You can sit at the bar and watch as they cook the floor or sit at a table. They have a limited menu but definitely enough varieties to satisfy several visits. I had the stuffed shrimp which were awesome and plentiful. My wife had the crab legs which I thought was odd that they'd serve something that wasn't local but so be it. They came out perfectly steamed and delicious. We visited after the lunch rush and plenty of time to enjoy our food and the atmosphere. I think that was the best. No one was rushing through our meal so we could relax. They have a front porch that you can kick back and a enjoy a beverage or tobacco as cars whiz by. Time kind of stands still there. We look forward to going back. A real treat!!

• Visited June 2012
Pensacola, FL
“Locals Eat Here!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Got to admit I was a little apprehensive after reading the reviews in Tripadvisor, but having had experiences with locations that got bad reviews and I liked, thought I'd give them a try. My wife and I visited during an anniverary trip. Of course the furniture is plastic, you get your own drinks and kinda have to catch the waitress' eye for an order. But we got our beers, got our order in and got the raw oysters delivered..had to ask for crackers...had to ask for horseradish, but to be fair they were pretty busy and the oysters came out quick. After a bit of conversation with one of the waitresses they found out we were sorta local (Pensacola) and they visibly thawed a bit. In fact the server gave us about 3/4 of an order of their steamed shrimp, explaining it was an inexact science to getting the numbers right for orders and they were only good hot (they were extras).

All in all a great local's place that has started to get enough recognition that some of the increased popularity may be affecting the greeting. If an exquisite dining experience with all the amenities and someone at your elbow for your every need is your type of dining, then IPRB probably isn't for you. If you don't mind striking up a conversation with a blue collar fisherman or construction worker and get some of the freshest seafood around - enjoy IPRB!!

• Visited December 2012