“Amazing down home cooking!”

Sister's Restaurant
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Four of us stopped in at Sisters for lunch last week and had a fantastic meal. Three of us chose the Fried Tilapia special and were not disappointed. Perhaps the lightest, tastiest breading I have EVER tasted on fish. It was so good I never even touched the tartar sauce. All the meals came with plain, perfect, home cooked sides. I chose and loved the black eyed peas. We highly recommend Sisters. Can't wait to return.

There are newer reviews for Sister's Restaurant

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had lunch here 13 Feb 2013. I'd been wanting to try for awhile, but I believe they're only open M-F for lunch.

Came in, it's decorated in small-town diner. Which it is. Greeted promptly, told I could sit at any open table. Took a seat, waitress gave me menu, told me special (dark meat chicken, mashed potatoes, and various veggies). I said thanks.

They basically have salads and sandwiches. I opted for The Islander sandwich. Tuna salad, bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and mayo on a toasted roll. Sides were potato chips, pasta salad, potato salad, or coleslaw. I asked if the coleslaw and potato salad were homemade..."yes" to both. I chose the potato salad. Also a pickle spear comes with the meals.

The sandwich was yummy. Just enough of everything on it to make it a mouthful, but not to where it was overflowing and falling onto the plate. Very good. The potato salad....well, it's the best I've had in a while. Hard to describe other than "light", or "fluffy", if you can say that about potato salad. Almost like it was in a blender, but not so long as to make it mush. It was just darn good!!

I was going to pass on dessert (choice of the day was Red Velvet or Pina Colada cake) but the waitress said those magic words: 'It's included in the meal'. How do you say no??!! Had the pina colada cake - nice portion, not too big and not too small. Light frosting, and yellow cake. Ate almost all of it, but I was really full so left one lonely bite. (Makes me feel better about myself, that I have that tiny bit of self control)

So I left full, but not bloated. The sweet tea was good too; maybe a bit on the "too sweet" side, but still good. With drink & meal the total was $10.15. Not a bad price at all.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend & go back. Recommended by the Hankmeister.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went to the Sisters not knowing what to expect, it had been recommended to me with the knowledge the food was good. I can honestly say it was the best fried shrimp I have ever had. The place was clean and the Sisters were extremely friendly and charming. If I lived here I would be down there pretty much all the time to eat the shrimp. If you get chance to be down here go and check it out, you will not find a nicer place in the area.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch here and were thoroughly impressed by the food. He had the special which was beef stew with unbelievable homemade mashed potatoes. I had the Love at First Bite sandwich which was their famous chicken salad with bacon, lettuce and tomato. I would highly recommend both the sandwich and the restaurant. Oh, and the best sweet tea! We were there late so we missed out on the homemade banana pudding so go early.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is one of those restaurants you might not walk into from just driving by. But if you do about lunch time you will get some sure enough good food including fresh veggies and homemade deserts. It's pure down south cooking without the excess salt and fried foods. Mostly everything is oven baked. Their daily lunch specials are outstanding, but if you don't see something you like, try the "Love at First Bite" sandwich.

1  Thank Daniel H