“You will miss it if you do not pay attention”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Boon Docks Restaurant - CLOSED

Boon Docks Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=boon+docks+restaurant+port+st.+joe&fb=1&gl=us&hq=boon+docks+restaurant&hnear=0x889484cfe41c083f:0xb5c741618a791d7c,Port+St+Joe,+FL&cid=6578225225339634295
Conway, AR
“You will miss it if you do not pay attention”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

This restaurant is located between Port Saint Joe and Mexico Beach and you will miss it if you do not pay attention. It is in an up scaled development, which I was not ready for in the middle of nowhere, in a new development that just has not taken off yet. I had the oysters and they were crunchy (I should have ordered them moist) and very good. The waitress did tell me that they were cooked crunchy, so I ordered them wrong.

My wife had the scallops and they were very sweet and good (I tried them). Our family members had the shrimp and grouper which they said it was great, and a steak which looked amazing. I would go to this restaurant again.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank lsj1214

Sevierville, Tennessee, United States
“Worst meal of the whole trip!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I would NOT recommend this place to ANYONE!

Let me start by saying that the area that this restaurant is located in is a ghost town. When you arrive, the signage is so confusing that it took a good 5 minutes just to find the restaurant entrance.

We were seated immediately, but we noticed there was only one other table seated in the entire place during peak dinner time. Our waitress got our drink and appetizer order then asked us "are you going to be eating dinner?" No one in our party understood why a place of business that is clearly struggling would ask if we were going to be dining for dinner. I will say that by the end of the meal we wished we would have said "No."

Once we all ordered our twenty odd dollar entrees, our appetizers arrived. We got the sampler platter and received a handful of stuffed peppers, corn nuggets, and cheese sticks and an entire platter of fried pickles. This sampler platter seemed very unbalanced to all of us. The waitress was not at all attentive and could be seen in the back (with all the other servers) laughing and goofing off, meanwhile our drinks stayed empty. The scallops had no flavor, the shrimp and grouper was undercooked, and the hushpuppies were chewy.

When my husband went to the bathroom, there was no soap in the bathroom. If you are running a restaurant and you have near to no customers, the least that can be done is fill the soap in the bathroom!

This whole experience was so terrible that no one finished their meal and we had to go somewhere else just to get something appetizing.

• Visited May 2012