“It's okay but...”
Review of Dixie Belle Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Saint Joe
Dixie Belle Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Port Saint Joe
Jacksonville, Florida
“It's okay but...”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in July 2010. The location of the motel is good. It is in between Port St. Joe and Mexico Beach so we can get to both places within a few minutes. The owners are very helpful. You can ask them for directions or places to go and they always give you good information. The rooms size is good, they are clean, and have a TV, microwave, mini fridge, and coffee maker. There is ice in the main office and also they sell snacks and drinks.The price of the rooms is very reasonable for the area. We only experienced two issues: 1) the door nob was very loose, almost falling, so it can be a little unsafe. 2) Although the room was clean there was something in it that make us itch and after our second night, we had small type of bites all over...they seem like fleas bites but we aren't sure. We can't say for sure they are fleas bites or mosquitoes bites or what. We also thought that we could be allergic to their detergent or something like that but this was before we saw the little marks on our back, arms, and legs. We told the owner (lady) and she said that she never heard that before. We don't want this review to sound like we are telling you that they have fleas there, but we experience major itching and then the little bite marks appeared. But again, the room was very clean and they served it everyday. Although they don't allow pets, we think that probably the previous people that stayed in that room (8) might had sneaked in a pet. Who knows! Lastly, WIFI connection is extremely slow.
This was our experience and just wanted to give this motel a fair review.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MariposaVerde1
FLMmcd, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
The folks who wrote the above review did have a problem, but why is a mystery. My mattresses as well as my box springs are covered with plastic zip ons. The previous guests were 2 of my grandchildren who had no problem and didn't sneak in any dogs. On the day the above reviewer checked out, 3 people checked in to the same room. They are still here 4 days later and they don't have any issues. These are regular guests who come every year and the woman is not shy about pointing out any problems. I wish I had an answer for the reviewer, but I just don't know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 1, 2010

The Dixie Belle was exactly what I expected it to be. It is the least expensive lodging option for 30 miles, and I definitely got more than what I paid for. The rooms are small, but clean. The owners were accomodating when my partner and I arrived late after several flight delays. It is conveniently located between Port St. Joe and Mexico Beach. If you're looking for a beach-front resort, go stay in Panama City Beach. If you're looking for a low-key place to rest your head (and you're cheap, like me) this is the place.

Word to the tech-savy - GPS systems have a difficult time locating this motel. We drove around Mexico City for 20 minutes looking it, heeding our Garmin's advice. Use a map from mapquest or google, and trust me, you can't miss it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mountainbelle
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2010

My family and I recently stayed at the Dixie Belle Motel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms are clean, towels are white and fresh, and although it's older, it does have a of an "old fifties charm" to it. Owners were knowledgeable about the area, restaurants, good fishing spots and things to see and do. There is plenty of boat parking and a fish cleaning station out back. Rooms are decorated in fun, tropical themes and the beds were quite comfortable. Our room was equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and free internet. The price is right, especially compared to the other motels/hotels in the area.

I would recommend this motel and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Very nice. We read all the reviews before booking here and can say that the bad reviews from two years ago don't apply anymore. Our room was clean and as upgraded as possible given the 1950s construction. The staff was most courteous and helpful. We blew a power strip and it was replaced immediately. The only negatives were the WiFi signal was so weak as to be unusable (with my netbook) and the rooms lack sufficient electrical outlets. There is enough parking space for each unit to have a boat, that's a BIG plus.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Hoosier505
Croton,Michigan
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My fishing partners and I have been staying at the Dixie Belle for at least 10 seasons. If you expect to be "coddled", this is not the place for you. Bathrooms are small, but clean. Rooms have been very comfortable and clean. If you treat the owner and his wife with respect, the same will be granted to you. We're planning on being there again in October 2009. Hope the owner has a good fishing report for us.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank NorthernFisherman
deatsville al
Reviewed June 25, 2009

we have always enjoyed the Dixie Belle. It is for fishing people and we love that!!! It is QUIET and CLEAN!!!! When we go to FL we always stay at the Dixie Belle.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clam9207
Tuscaloosa, AL
Reviewed June 22, 2009

My little girl and I needed a safe, clean place for our first ever deepsea fishing trip. A friend had stayed numerous times at the Dixie Belle and he felt that we would be satisfied with staying there. The reservations were made via phone and everything was in order when we arrived. Very clean room and the softest, white towels ever !!! We will be coming back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
#3 of 5 in Apalachicola
Rancho Inn
Rancho Inn
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola

Been to Dixie Belle Motel? Share your experiences!