“Be careful if you travel with a dog”
Review of Dixie Belle Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Saint Joe
Dixie Belle Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Port Saint Joe
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I don't recommend this place. I made a reservation because I drove about 13 hours and knew we would be ready to get settled in. I told her we had a dog and she had a room for us. After getting there, we were told the dog would have to be crated if we left the room. I don't travel with a crate, don't need it with my dog. Probably would have stayed if we weren't told to crate the dog. Be aware of this.....WE WERE NOT TOLD THIS WHEN I MADE THE RESERVATION AND WE WERE NOT REFUNDED OUR MONEY. Also, the place might be great for fishermen, but it needs lots of repairs. Doesn't look like any money gets put into it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lbeveridge100
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

I often take my dogs when I travel and have always been told by hotels and motels not to leave any dog alone and unsupervised in the room unless crated. It's a reasonable request for both the property owner and the pet's safety.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have nothing but compliments abut the Dixie Belle. We arrived there on Thursday and left on Saturday. The owners are great folks. Did all they could to make us feel at home. The room was every clean and comfortable. The room is a little small compared to some of the other motels i have been in, but it was as clean as a pin. Wonderful place to stay

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

The Dixie Belle was built in the early 1960's and our rooms are quite small. We do our best to give our guests the amenities of a more modern facility and cleanliness is a huge priority. Thanks folks for posting your positive experience.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Came to spend the afternoon of Easter with my 3 months old son, sister in law, & my brother for his birthday. The hotel room was small but accommodated us to just sit around. Come check out we were rushed out told we needed to pay for the baby & I to just Be in the Room even though we didnt stay the nighh, We cleaned and took all our trash out yet The lady yelled at us to hurry up so se could get in there. My fiancé forgot his wallet in the room & went back into get it & she yelled at him to get out & she locked us out. The service was absolutely terrible, but the Room & location was very convient. Would I recommend staying there? Yes, just avoid management as much as you can. If your check out is at 11 be gone by 1030!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Chayston12
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Right off the bat, I'm guessing that these young folks thought they were on central time. The Dixie Belle is ET, check out is 11 AM and at 11:30 AM my housekeeper was waiting for them to leave so she could clean the room. On 3/30 they paid for 2 people occupying the room and when I found 4 adults and one child early the next morning, I asked that they go to the office to pay a nominal fee for the extra adults. They refused. We charge $5 for each extra person. Children under 2 yrs are free.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of spending 2 nights at the Dixie Belle. Yes, its not a new fancy place, but that is just part of its charm. When we checked in the owner made sure to let us know where we were situated in regard to area attractions and eateries since we were new to the area. Our room was clean and comfortable and regularly serviced through our stay. Definitely an excellent value for the price!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Having been rained out of our first night of tent camping at St. Joseph State Park, we actually returned to the Dixie Belle after visiting other unappealing motel options. Initially, we were turned away because of the state law only allowing 4 to a room, but on return the owner suggested we take the suite, which was $80, rather than renting two singles ($90 for both). The suite was spotless save for a slightly sticky area of a kitchen counter. Linens were not fancy, but clean. Bathroom was tidy, but the toilet was a bit wobbly--our elderly neighbors heard the kids using the loo at night, I'm afraid. We made what was to be our tent meal in the kitchen (sloppy joes) and tucked in for a heavy, heavy rain. The kids splashed outside looking for lizards and frogs, and I had a smoke on the little chair and table with a cute little bucket of sand for an ashtray. As a smoker in a non-smoking world, this was a charming little concession outside of every room (I think). The proprietor was perfectly kind with my children, and showed off her dog and cat. I would absolutely return to the Dixie Belle.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mbuckl1
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

As i visited off season, several rooms were available. Mine (with two beds) was $50 including tax.

The lady who runs the place is nice and I liked the worn, but very clean room (mine had a dolphin theme). The bathroom was extremely small, but also clean. My only real complaint were the thin walls. The guys next door left at 5am and I could here them talking, blowing their noses, etc. I'm a light sleeper, but i didn't have the impression that they were being speaking in loud tones. If you had loud neighbors it could be a problem.

The Internet worked well. The hotel has a place to clean your catch if you're fishing. No breakfast, but there was a full pot of coffee in the office for guests.

Beach access was a short drive away, as were restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Anne B
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Close to some of the best fishing in the south. Quiet and laid back with a nice fish dressing area with freezer storage. The rooms are always clean and never any problems. Gladly kept an item I left behind till I could return. In a nutshell they are great host.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

That wobbly toilet is on the "honey do" list. Maybe your review will light a fire under honey.
Thanks so much. Your kids are sweet.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Joe
22 mi away
Rancho Inn
Rancho Inn
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola

Been to Dixie Belle Motel? Share your experiences!