“Dixie Belle in Port St. Joe”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Dixie Belle Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Saint Joe
Dixie Belle Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Port Saint Joe
Valdosta, Georgia
“Dixie Belle in Port St. Joe”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband, son and I recently stayed here for a couple nights. We normally stay in Mexico Beach but could find no vacancies (anywhere cheap enough, anyway). Passing by, you would probably be hesitant to stay but we had absolutely no problems. For us personally, the drive into Mexico Beach to meet up with the rest of our family and friends was a little long (this is the first time ever we haven't stayed in MB, so we're used to either staying in the same condo or being one road over from family and friends) but if we ever find ourselves needing a place on a small budget, I would deifnitely stay here again. We were in a room with 2 double beds, perfectly clean. Small bathroom, which smelled very strongly of bleach or ammonia and we had to go buy some air freshner but at least it was the smell of cleaner and not something else. Bathroom was clean. One teeny problem was the sliding lock on the door didn't actually have anything to slide the bar into. Had I been alone, I would have requested them to put a new lock (of course, it still had the regular lock on the door) but I felt perfectly fine with my husband there. The owners may also want to consider putting dead bolts on the doors. Oh, one other thing, I would have felt better with a curtain on the bathroom window. Yes, the window is high up and not waist level but a tall person could still see in and yes, the glass is frosted over but just me personally, being a woman, I felt better getting dressed in the room, not the bathroom. We were only there long enough to shower, sleep and get dressed, so I can't attest to any of the extras, like the grilling area, fish cleaning area, anything like that. And I didn't meet anyone who worked there, though the maid did a fine job straightening up while we were gone during the day. My husband checked us in and out and he said the lady there was perfectly nice. For the money we spent, definitely can't beat it. I would consider staying again unless we were going for more than a few days. And that's only because if we're at the beach for a whole week, I need a house or condo. I wouldn't want to stay in any hotel for a whole week. If you are snooty and have your nose in the air, you will not want to stay here. And don't judge a book by it's cover. My husband found this hotel online when everything in MB was reserved or outrageously priced (i.e. the EL Governor). He didn't take time to look at the outside pictures, only the inside pictures, so he wasn't prepared when we pulled up. Trust me, we have a 7 year old and had we not felt safe or felt like we were going to leave with a rash or something, we would not have stayed. Thanks for not charging an arm and a leg because you could and people would still choose to stay because of lack of hotels. Those of us on tight budgets appreciate it!

Room Tip: We were in room 1, whose door was on the end of the building, facing a different direction from the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ToucansMBbound
, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I knew immediatly which room the reviewer stayed in because #1 is the only one without a deadbolt. She's so right. I need to have one installed immediately. In the meantime, it does have a slide bolt on the inside.The importiant thing is that my guests need to feel safe and secure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stay at the Dixie Bell twice a month. The owners/operators are always very polite and courteous. Coffee is always ready in the morning in the front office/lobby. The rooms.....very cozy and clean, with fresh linens and a super comfy bed. The hotel is an older hotel and is very well maintained. I like the hotel mainly because it is away from the more heavily populated areas, making it a bit quieter than the other locations.

It's safe to say I'll be resting my head there for many nights to come!

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking. Makes for a longer overall life of the room and keeps out the odor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chad S
Destin, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2012

She is older but that does not make her any less charming! Roomy ,clean, and a happy new coat of paint. The bed was so comfy after walking, sunbathing and sight seeing all day. Centrally located between lots of outdoorsy things to do. I had a pleasant surprise upon check in, originally when I made the res earlier in the week there was only a double with a twin on top available. Well they did not mention or charge us any more $ for a nice roomy up grade queen bed with a full sized fridge and kitchenette. Thanks Dixie Belle for a fun weekend! I will always come back :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jessea62
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
We had a cancelation which made the upgrade possible. I try to give my guests the best experience I can. So glad we made you happy with your stay. Thanks
Indianapolis IN
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stayed at The Dixie Belle last October 2011 for a week. It was fine, a good value. It was my brother and I on a fishing getaway. The place is run by decent, serious about business, people, kept clean and pleasant when we returned everyday. I like old motels, and this one has a lot of original charm. No generic upgrades just to have new stuff. Arriving at night I was concerned about the location, but it actually has very good short access to Mexico Beach and Pt St Joe. We enjoyed our visit and will stay again.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Tom S
Williamstown, KY
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had already scheduled a trip to Florida to visit friends, when things changed at the last minute, we were able to book a room at the Dixie Belle. I had researched the hotel a year or so ago. We like out of the way places, and prefer smaller motels and hotels. This is a really cute little place. They have an assortment of room types, we chose the king bed. Shower stall is big, rest of bathroom, small. Great water pressure (I have really thick hair) and hot water didn't run out. The prices are great, especially since we had been prepared to stay with friends. The couple that runs the motel are super friendly. They also have family type units. The hotel sits right on the highway, so it's easy to go places. When in the area again, will definitely stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Joan A
Myakka City, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I am currently spending my 2nd night of my first trip to the Dixie Belle. I have never been to this area before. I had to make a last minute reservation and wouldn't be arriving until 1am. They were nice enough to take my info over the phone and have after hours access to the room key so I could get right in and go to sleep. The room was very clean upon arrival. My room has a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, tv, phone, free wifi and quaint decor. I wasn't expecting any house keeping to be done, but I came back this afternoon to fresh linens and towels. The bed is more comfortable than the one at the Wyndam Hotel I used a few weeks ago in Lynn Haven at $72 a night. The owners are very friendly. The price can't be beat. I will definitely continue staying here for my future visits to the area. Thank you for a pleasant stay that saves me money and will allow me to visit more often.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Ellie H
michelada28, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Wow I swear, we're not related and I didn't bribe her to say such nice things about the Dixie Belle. I so appreciate that Elizabeth was happy with her stay & we look forward to seeing her again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 29, 2011

A friend and I stayed at this motel for one night in mid-November 2011 and were very pleased. It's an older style Ma and Pa motel that is well-maintained and is very affordable. The location is good - within a couple miles of Port St. Joe and less than 1/2 hour from Apalachicola and Cape San Blas. The facility is well-run and well-kept. We had a fridge and a microwave, lots of hot water and a good night's sleep. The owners are helpful and accommodating. Sure, it's not fancy but for good solid lodging at an affordable price, you can't go wrong!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank travel99_11
FLMmcd, Owner at Dixie Belle Motel, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
It is so gratifying when guests actually take the time to share their experience here at the Dixie Belle. Even more so when it's been a positive experience. Thanks, Michele
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Joe
#3 of 5 in Apalachicola
Rancho Inn
Rancho Inn
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola

Been to Dixie Belle Motel? Share your experiences!