“Roadside BBQ”

Paul Gant’s Bar B Que
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: really great barbeque our of a small road side stand. phone 850-227-9311
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Great local BBQ stand. Don't be scared off by the looks of it.......St. Joe tradition. Good food, clean establishment.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

One of best BBQ we have ever had. We ordered two rib dinners and one hungry man dinner. The ribs are big and plentiful, come dry with two sides and a cup of sauce. The sauce is somewhat thin but full of flavor, a little spicy but finishes sweet. The dry seasoning on the ribs was great with or without the sauce added. The hungry man dinner came with a chicken leg, pulled pork, and two ribs. None of us were able to finish our meals. We visit PSJ each year and plan to eat at least twice per week.
Keep in mind there are not seats, this is take out only. Plan to pick up your meal early, we arrived at 5:30 and were the last ones to get ribs before they ran out.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was wondering if I could leave a comment about Paul Gant's somewhere on Tripadvisor. We stumbled onto Gant's BBQ last year and we were gonna order some sandwiches, but they said why dont we just order a to go box of chopped beef. That was enough to feed us supper and next days lunch. We stopped in this time on our way to the Cape, bought our BBQ, and like last year ate two meals on it. I've eaten alot of BBQ and I gotta say that Paul Gant's is in the top 2. Bought sandwiches on the way home also. We will be back.

1  Thank tazz3223
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My only disappointment with this roadside takeout barbecue stand is they're only open thursday through saturday. Eaten here many times and if you get there late they may be out of your first choice, like ribs; but have never been disappointed with my second choice selection. Barbecue as good as any sit-down establishment that specializes in barbecue. Take your meal down to Jetty Park and from the comfort of your car watch the sunset and enjoy some fine southern barbecue done right.

1  Thank Pfcat
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The small trailer with the large smoker sitting beside US98 in Port St Joe was my first hint that the food would be good. Seeing they were only open Thurs - Sat, we looked forward all week to Thursday night...and we weren't disappointed! My husband had the pulled pork sandwich special, which included chips and sweet tea for $5. He said it was very good. My chicken dinner was good; although parts of the chicken were dry, the BBQ sauce made it delightful. The cole slaw and backed beans were delicious!! My daughter's ribs were perfectly smoked and didn't need any sauce. The sweet tea was very sweet, as Southern tradition dictates, and they offered free refills on the $1 servings. To top it all off, the banana pudding was amazing!! Definitely worth the wait to have it.

1  Thank TeeDawg2000