“Tangy, tasty, roadside delight!”

Paul Gant’s Bar B Que
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: really great barbeque our of a small road side stand. phone 850-227-9311
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The small trailer with the large smoker sitting beside US98 in Port St Joe was my first hint that the food would be good. Seeing they were only open Thurs - Sat, we looked forward all week to Thursday night...and we weren't disappointed! My husband had the pulled pork sandwich special, which included chips and sweet tea for $5. He said it was very good. My chicken dinner was good; although parts of the chicken were dry, the BBQ sauce made it delightful. The cole slaw and backed beans were delicious!! My daughter's ribs were perfectly smoked and didn't need any sauce. The sweet tea was very sweet, as Southern tradition dictates, and they offered free refills on the $1 servings. To top it all off, the banana pudding was amazing!! Definitely worth the wait to have it.

1  Thank TeeDawg2000

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Outstanding Boston Butt! Have never had any better than this. Definitely the best.

1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The pulled pork is really some of the best. I found the ribs to be dry and tough. To be fair, I only tried them once.

1  Thank michelada28
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This take out is walk-up & located in a small stand. Only open Thurs-Fri-& Sat. We were very pleased with barbque sandwiches & went back for ribs -but was already sold out. Bought smoked pork loin instead and was outstanding. Local people lined up each day. Definitely a place i will go to again when visiting family in that area. Was some of the best food we found in that locality.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

So glad I checked TripAdvisor for this great find. All we had was the pork sandwich but it was delicious. No sauce needed. Great smokey flavor. But the sauce was great too. A mild sweetness which complimented pork perfectly. A great find to take back to the beach for sunset dinner. Can't wait to try ribs and chicken next trip. I know it is open Friday and Saturday but not sure which other days. To go only. Only negative is that there is a dog who hangs out but the nice lady warned me he was standing behind me I guess hoping I would drop something.