“Not very Raw, but decent food”

Triple Tails Oyster Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a cash only business. We are a oyster bar and seafood grill, a seafood market, a liquor store. We serve fresh local seafood fried, grilled or blackened.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

They have a sign saying "raw bar", but as far as I could tell, there was only 1 "raw" choice for oysters. The food was decent. Nothing spectacular. The service was good!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

My first dine at Triple Tails was great. I sat outside at the Tiki Bar and enjoyed draft beers along with a Triple Tail sandwich. I was impressed with their signature stamp on the toasted ciabatta bread and the homemade cole slaw. Randi the bartender was very nice and helpful with questions I had about the area. The owner came and sat beside me and I tried to carry on a conversation with her but she seemed uninterested and somewhat snoody. My second trip was inside at the bar. I had the crab dip and homemade pita chips which was great. My main problem was the manager arguing with the staff right in front of everyone. She was tired and overworked and complaining about how many tables she had. I was told they were hiring so I asked for an application and she said she didn't have time to get one for me. Hard to relax and unwind when almost the manager is crabby. If I do go back I would much rather sit out at the tiki hut where there is no drama.

2  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The best oysters ever. Service very good with pleasant staff. Deserts and appetizers off the chart. Party of eight we were all very happy. Will go back soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've had a lot of Grouper sandwiches from a lot of different places, but the Grouper sandwich at Triple Tails was by far the BEST that I have ever had. Serving it on toasted ciabatta bread is a stroke of genius and the perfect compliment to the wonderful fish.
P.S. Make sure you try the crawfish popper appetizer too.....very tasty!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

One overwoked waitress during lunch, one disorganized cook, a prissy owner/manager who watched as customers sat drinkless/foodless/menuless, no bartender which put an extra task on the overworked waitress.....

We decided to dine outside, the interior of the restaurant was about 80 degrees and stuffy. The outside area was roofed with some sort of orange tarp that cast a very odd light on people, food and made photos (we are tourist on vacation) look ill !

The appetizer was yummy...blue crab drip w/some of homemade cracker....I order the cocktail special of the day, Red Sangria, which turned out to be a fruity red kool-aid beverage sans wine (insert sad face here). My fellow dining partners ordered the house specials @ $7 a pop, they seemed pleased and a bit tipsy !

Our entrees arrived about an hour and a half after ordering (insert sad face here), the plates looked appetizing but we were soon met w/disappointment. My grilled chicken sandwich had been marinated in italian something, a Shrimp Po'Boy w/lettuce, 6 blackened shrimp and thats all, a deviled crab sandwich w/lettuce and dill remolaude.

All condiments were served from a plastic quad container serving dish w/plastic spoons that got moved from table to table. The tarter sauce was in bad need of refrigeration and the plastic serving spoons were sticky, we wanted to requst fresh condiments but could not get anyone's attention.

All things considered...I say skip this place.

4  Thank Robin F