“Very Good but a couple of improvements could make them excellent”

Triple Tails Oyster Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a cash only business. We are a oyster bar and seafood grill, a seafood market, a liquor store. We serve fresh local seafood fried, grilled or blackened.
Gainesville GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good but a couple of improvements could make them excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was my first trip to Cape San Blas. We ate at Triple Tails twice and I will be going back there when we return next year and into the future. I do have two complaints:
1. They close at 9PM Eastern time. Even though the Cape and everything west is on Central time! So best go early.
2. They have 6 different kinds of oysters. I prefer raw, which are the cheapest of the six on the menu. But I wanted to try a sampler dinner with other types of seafood that includes 3 each of all 6 types of oysters. But.....I did not have any interest in trying the other 5 types of oysters and they would not allow me to substitute. I wanted 18 raw, which were $2 per dozen less than any of the other type! Seems like a win/win to me but I was refused!!

I will still go back but I hope that they consider staying open a little later and letting us substitute!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank gtogtx

Atlanta, Georgia
“Awful!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

The waitress was rude and aloof. The food took a really long time even though the restaurant wasn't crowded. Raw oysters were size of a quarter- tasted like freshwater not saltwater. The kids chicken fingers came out undercooked as well as the fried catfish. The fried grouper tasted awful- didn't eat more than 2 bites. A bad experience here and a few other rude local workers at other establishments made us not like the Mexico Beach places.

5 Thank Lacey A
Tallahassee, Florida
“Oysters are Yummy at Triple ! Mullet Is So Fresh Too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Another great experience at Triple Tail with fried oysters, mullet, cheese grits and hush puppies!
The food is always very good and fresh and the service is very good also.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Perfect every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner and lunch here a total of 5 times in a 3 day span for our wedding weekend. It was close to where we were staying on the cape (and our only option for food!) during the 5 times we visited, our service was outstanding every time. Not only was our service excellent, but the food was amazing and consistent each time we went. We tried the blackened shrimp, crab dip, crawfish tails, steamed shrimp, fried pickles, whole fried flounder, and fish tacos just to name a few. I ordered fish tacos for my entree every time because they were so so good! I loved being able to order the tuna as rare (or cooked) as I liked. I am from the area locally, and I can honestly say I've never had better fish tacos anywhere else. My husband is still raving about the whole fried flounder. We can't wait to make this place a staple every time we come to the beach. It's unfortunate that there are a few bad reviews, but please please take my word that this place is one of a kind, friendly staff, and has truly fresh seafood. We especially loved our waitresses Cindy and Miranda, and the owner Donna. A+ restaurant and tiki bar!

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“good food - good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I both enjoyed our shrimp dinners and the appetizers. Lennon, our server was attentive and friendly! Prices were comparable to other places in the area.