“Yummy Mexican food, good margaritas -- and vegetarian-friendly!”
Review of Peppers

Peppers
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We had wanted to eat at Joe Mama's Wood-fired Pizza due to the rave reviews, but we arrived in town on a Sunday when almost every restaurant in Port St. Joe is closed. Lucky for us, Peppers was open!

I had looked it up online and was expecting it to be a big chain-type place like a Chi Chis, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's in an adorable little row of local shops and restaurants in the heart of Port. St. Joe. My husband and I both ordered the house margarita on the rocks and were surprised to find that it was very good (and strong!) The food was very good and the portions were so big that we both had lunch for the next day -- and then some.

Also, I'm a vegetarian and was very happy with their veg options. I order the flautas verdes and they were stuffed full of wonderful, bright green baby spinach. Delicious! My husband got a combo plate with beef tacos and enchiladas and said his food was very good too. I would highly recommend Peppers -- especially if you're looking for a place to eat on a Sunday or Monday when Joe Mama's is closed.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

One of the best places to get a really good margarita. The service is fast (muy rapido) and quite authentic tasting. The selection is quite broad, so there is always something new to try but my favorite is the seafood salad. This is not your ordinary seafood salad. Local shrimp and bay scallops really set this dish off. The beef is quite salty on most entrees using ground beef, so for those of you who are watching the sodium levels, I'd veer away from the ground beef, but other than that the food is delicious!

Reviewed September 9, 2011

The food was way better than I expected. I really loved the fish tacos and rice.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Local Mexican population eats there...must be good. And it was! We go back every time we are in town.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Delicious Mexican food, great margaritas! Located in the "downtown" area of Port St. Joe within walking distance to the Port Inn.