“Pretty Darn Good”

Joe Mama's Wood Fired Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Joe Mama's is an upscale pizzeria featuring artisan pizzas cooked at 800 degrees F. in an Italian wood fired oven. Our food is prepared fresh daily as the kitchen does not have a freezer, fryer or microwave. We features unique pizzas, fresh salads and homemade desserts. We serve a changing variety of craft beer on tap and well as a full wine list of domestic and imported wines.
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I drove over from Mobile on one of our "let's wing it" trips. We arrived in Port St. Joe around 7 pm and found this place via Trip Advisor. How else? Nice and cozy environment with a pleasant staff. We shared a House Salad that was put together at our table with the freshest ingredients. One of the best salads we have had in a while. We split a custom pizza that was as good as I have had in a long time. My wife had a glass of their house red which was very good. Everything for around $40. Very good dinner.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here on numerous occasions. The good thing is that the food is excellent. Bad thing is poor customer service.

First problem: I ordered a Grayton Beach 30A draft beer. I have had this beer in bottle form several times. But when it came in a mug, it tasted funky. One sip and I sent it back. The waitress suggested a different beer. Came out and it was good. Problem was I was charged for the first beer. When I asked the waitress, she said I had to talk to the bartender. So I did. All the bartender wanted to do was argue with me. She finally relented and took the beer off my tab. Poor form. Strike one.

Problem 2: We had a large party (16). Was told that the bill had to be all one one check. They said that it couldn't be split into four tables. To which we politely explained that it would be exactly the same as seating four different parties of four. We were told that "the computer would not let it be billed this way". Strike two.

These restaurants need to beware that in the days of the internet, poor service will be noticed and publicized. The owners need to have conversations with the management because we are locals and are telling everyone that we know about the customer service. Its a shame because the food is so great.

I may decide in a couple of years to try Joe Mama's again, but three strikes and YOUR OUT!!!!

Based on the reviews I've seen on this site that are anything but 100% positive, the management will try to argue their point and tell me that I am wrong, which furthers my point completely.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Make sure you get there early. Seating is limited and food is prepared fresh after you order. You may also dine at the wine bar. There is nothing on this menu that is not fabulous. Their pizza is baked in a wood fired oven. It is so good and certainly not your standard pizza. The toppings are fresh. Salads are prepared table side and are made to be split. The staff is superbly trained and are very knowledgeable regarding the menus and wine selections. They do not serve mixed drinks. Beer and wine only. If you want to feel like you are vacationing in a quaint European cafe'...Jo Mamas will fit the bill.

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Vacationed in Cape San Blas. Spent the time dining out trying to find the best fresh seafood with varying degrees of success. It turns out the best place to dine in Port St. Joe is Joe Mamas, not for the seafood but for the pizza, bruschetta and outstanding service. My wife and I split a bruschetta and we both agreed it was the best we'd ever eaten. We shared a pizza (Due) and it too was outstanding. My mother who joined us had the muffuletta. She raved about it plus it was big enough to feed her for a week. I (we) highly recommend Joe Mamas.

1  Thank hansolo76
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Wonderful pizza, professional wait staff. We had pizza and an appetizer, both were excellent. Can't wait to try it again.