“Our Best Meal on Vacation”

Joe Mama's Wood Fired Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Joe Mama's is an upscale pizzeria featuring artisan pizzas cooked at 800 degrees F. in an Italian wood fired oven. Our food is prepared fresh daily as the kitchen does not have a freezer, fryer or microwave. We features unique pizzas, fresh salads and homemade desserts. We serve a changing variety of craft beer on tap and well as a full wine list of domestic and imported wines.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Loved this place. Small and intimate, but great food. The New England chowder was among the best I've ever had (and I'm from East Coast). The pizzas were great as well. Really liked the crust. Reminded me of great New York pizza. Chicken wings were Ok, a little different preparation, but tasty. All in all we highly recommend.

1  Thank Donna O

Reviewed April 3, 2013

It was super crowded on a rainy day, so we waited 45 minutes, but once we were sat, they had the food coming very quickly. The bread was great. The chicken wings were not what I expected, but the Thre pizza was wonderful. Pretty good service too.

1  Thank Adele H
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had the margherita pizza and it was delicious. The crust is the true star, though. It was perfect pizza crust if you like slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The dessert, a chocolate custard with whipped cream, was to die for. They also serve an excellent cup of coffee.

2  Thank LuAnnBW
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I expected more for a wood-fired pizza. Our pizza margarita was perhaps rushed as we hit this place at a busy time. The center of the pizza and crust was soggy...could not pick it up to eat it. Eating pizza with a fork scores minus points in my book. Sauce was delicious but too much (contributing to sogginess maybe).

The house salad was scrumptious; I'm not a huge salad fan so that is a big compliment.

Loved being able to order a beer flight to sample 4 microbrews! For that alone, I'd give this place another try on our next trip.

We were family of three and shared salad and one pizza, plus beer flight and one soda pop, total of $36.

Suggestion to owner: Provide wireless Internet please! Especially given the potentially long wait for a table (20 min for us) and the lack of good phone signal.

1  Thank Left-the-dog-at-home
JoeMamas, Owner at Joe Mama's Wood Fired Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and for giving us a positive review. Like you I like to eat pizza with my hands and not a knife and fork as they do in Italy. Because the Margherita Pizza is made with fresh mozzarella it has a tendency to be alot more moist than the dry mozzarella blend we offer on most of the other pizzas on the menu. We hope you try us again and order a pizza with another cheese such as fontina or aurecchio provolone (our our mozzaerlla/pecorino romano blend), both of which would let you pick up a slice with out a problem.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place is not a place to order a take-out pizza. It is more of an eating experience with salads tossed at your table with ingredients that you select and then having a great, but a rather small pizza delivered to you directly from the brick oven that you can watch from your table. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The house wine was good and not too pricey. I will go again. If you want cheap take out pizza go somewhere else...