“Great beer selection & salad, pizza OK, busy and loud”

Joe Mama's Wood Fired Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Joe Mama's is an upscale pizzeria featuring artisan pizzas cooked at 800 degrees F. in an Italian wood fired oven. Our food is prepared fresh daily as the kitchen does not have a freezer, fryer or microwave. We features unique pizzas, fresh salads and homemade desserts. We serve a changing variety of craft beer on tap and well as a full wine list of domestic and imported wines.
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I expected more for a wood-fired pizza. Our pizza margarita was perhaps rushed as we hit this place at a busy time. The center of the pizza and crust was soggy...could not pick it up to eat it. Eating pizza with a fork scores minus points in my book. Sauce was delicious but too much (contributing to sogginess maybe).

The house salad was scrumptious; I'm not a huge salad fan so that is a big compliment.

Loved being able to order a beer flight to sample 4 microbrews! For that alone, I'd give this place another try on our next trip.

We were family of three and shared salad and one pizza, plus beer flight and one soda pop, total of $36.

Suggestion to owner: Provide wireless Internet please! Especially given the potentially long wait for a table (20 min for us) and the lack of good phone signal.

1  Thank Left-the-dog-at-home
JoeMamas, Owner at Joe Mama's Wood Fired Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and for giving us a positive review. Like you I like to eat pizza with my hands and not a knife and fork as they do in Italy. Because the Margherita Pizza is made with fresh mozzarella it has a tendency to be alot more moist than the dry mozzarella blend we offer on most of the other pizzas on the menu. We hope you try us again and order a pizza with another cheese such as fontina or aurecchio provolone (our our mozzaerlla/pecorino romano blend), both of which would let you pick up a slice with out a problem.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place is not a place to order a take-out pizza. It is more of an eating experience with salads tossed at your table with ingredients that you select and then having a great, but a rather small pizza delivered to you directly from the brick oven that you can watch from your table. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The house wine was good and not too pricey. I will go again. If you want cheap take out pizza go somewhere else...

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great atmosphere and some of the best thin crust pizza you'll ever have. Wait staff is friendly and professional.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Upscale restaurant that serves the best pizza I have ever tasted. Artisan beer selection is excellent as well. A don't miss in Port St. Joe, FL.

3  Thank Mkraus63
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Joe Mama's has the best oven fired pizza in town and although we eat there often we have yet to find anything on the menu we don't like! Great food friendly service. My only complaint is the wait staff tend to make you feel hurried and rushed. They are constantly stopping at the table asking if you need anything (total overkill) and they are snatching up plates they think are empty or asking if you're "done with that?" while putting their hand on the plate to snatch it away while you're still trying to finish eating! Oh my gosh! It's happened several times when we ate in but the last time was the absolute worse. Waitresses were reaching over and around me to snatch up the other diners plates when they were done and so all over us I simply couldn't enjoy my delicious meal. I decided right then and there that was it, I was never eating in there again and for the past year I haven't. We order take out only from Joe Mama's now. I've never been made to feel such pressure while eating in a restaurant in my life! Too bad, because their food is to die for.

1  Thank minimalmonk1