“Amazing hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Provisions

Provisions
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Amazing hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My best friend and I went to this adorable little restaurant because she had been the week before and said it was too good to miss. I come to this area from Panama City Beach quite often. We had always wanted to try Provisions but could never fit it in. So happy I finally made it. The goat cheese, marinara bruschetta was to die for. I had the special of the evening, shrimp scampi. I can honestly say I have never had better. Our young waitress was super sweet and perfectly attentive. Anyone in the Port St. Joe area should really try this magnificent restaurant. I can not wait to go back!!!

Indiana
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have eaten here several times and it never disappoints. The bruschetta is the best I have ever had. Great tuna appetizer. Always a great special and good service. Never visit Port St. Joe without stopping here. Call to make sure they are open (I think they close on Mon.) and they do take reservations.

• Visited December 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Interesting Observation ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Arrived in the lovely little village of Port St. Joe for our very first time and began our search for a great little spot to have lunch on the last day of our vacation. We found it at Provisions - where we were warmly welcomed by the two gals working the front of the house.

We liked the menu - and the feel of the place; and the fact that it was an unexpected diversion from the fried seafood menus found at most spots along the gulf.

I ordered Aunt Sparkle's 'Special' Chicken salad on a croissant with a side of fries - and my husband opted for Guadalupe's Chimichurri Grilled Steak sandwich with grilled zucchini, roasted peppers and mozzarella and a side salad with their Thai peanut dressing - which he found to be very good, and said he would definitely re-order again.

I was hoping for the same reaction, but one bite into my over-sized sandwich, I quickly discovered the chicken salad wasn't special at all. Very dense and extremely bland. When the server asked how it was - I told her, the fries were great, but the chicken salad itself was very bland, and she replied 'well that's how we make it - with mayo and celery and walked away. (I had my husband taste it as well - and he whole-heartedly agreed).

I then noticed her relating my feedback to the other server who told her she should offer me something else. When she returned to the table - it was obvious she did not like the idea that I wasn't pleased with my meal and her attitude with me did a complete 360. I in turn ordered the petite size Chicken Caesar - and while I waited for it, continued to munch on my fries. She then came back with a plate and asked that I put my sandwich on the plate so she could take it back to the kitchen - and said, 'If I'm going to have to comp this - I need to show it to the chef' - which I had no problem with.

The salad came out and it was very good. Fresh, crisp romaine - with shaved parmesan, croutons, but very little chicken - which at this point, I was fine with. I told her as she walked by that it was very good and again thanked her for changing it out for me.

But from that point forward the waitress only addressed my husband - which was noticed by the both of us.

I owned restaurants for too many years to know not everything on a menu pleases everyone. However, I do believe they need to come up with a more tasty chicken salad if they wish to deem it 'special' - and I find it a shame that a server would take my feedback so personally.

Provisions is a good restaurant - and we would return if in the area again, but the way she responded to my feedback put a bit of a damper on what could have been a 100% positive experience!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Luv2Dine55
Port Saint Joe, Florida
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Great food every time all the time. Service nice slow enough that you can enjoy your meal. We eat there weekly and always enjoy the food. Mac & chesse is outstanding.

Visited December 2013
Longmont, Colorado
“Best "food lover" destination!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

The snapper is simply to die for. Always so thrilled with our favorites (Georgia Girl salad, mussels, desserts, sangria). Best atmosphere of any place in the area. A "must" for anyone who appreciates great food.

• Visited October 2013