All reviews room was clean instant oatmeal continental breakfast my mother restaurants and shopping bagels up to date visit family english muffin the breakfast area hairdryer furniture microwave fl port
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Paul P, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I guess I caught them on a good day. The remodeled rooms have new drywall, but the original popcorn ceiling and furniture. Bathrooms are acceptable, but I would have put more money into them.

Still it is okay for the $ and a better experience than the Days Inn right down the street in the same Wyndham family of hotels. The Microtel down the street is the most consistent in the area and very nice. At at 25% more it is still affordable and good to alternative if you are on a budget. I also stayed at the Hampton and Quality Inns on US 19 too.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Nicholas D thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review of the hotel.... We are still in the prossess of improving the room everyday and hope to see you on your next trip to Port Richey FL..

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I had the worst experience ever staying at this HoJo's. My wife and I moved down here from Wisconsin with everything we could fit in a 16 ft trailer with a tarp on it. On the way down bad weather ripped the tarp, stuff got super wet, I have a back injury with constant pain and couldn't keep trying to tape holes, etc.
We make it here to Port Richey, stay here two nights, the 2nd night, someone is trying to break into our room at 1am and threatening us, saying they are with housekeeping and we owe them money, give me my money if you want to stay here. My room phone didn't work, I used my cell and called 911. The Paso Sheriffs showed up right away. Magically the phone in our room works again. There are cameras all over the place but the manager couldn't show them the people who were threatening us, what a surprise.
Next morning we are told we have to leave because our one dog who is 55lbs is to big and we have a cat we didn't tell them about. We told the manager about every pet when we checked in and it wasn't a problem, just pay an extra $10 a day which we were fine with. My thinking is that if I own a business and my customers were threatened and the sheriffs had to be called, I would be doing what I could to accommodate them, not kick them out, unless I was the one behind the
attempted assault. FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Stay away all together!
3  Thank Dale M
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The stay was pleasant, it wasn't peaceful and not crowded. Had to change rooms from smoking to non smoking, the first room's carpet needed to be shampooed bad turned our feet black. But front desk very nice and changed our rooms no problem. Noon smoking rooms have been recently updated it seemed so it was nice and clean. Pool was very nice, clean and pool area was nice and neat. Would stay again!!

Room Tip: Book a non smoking room and smoke outside if you do smoke
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Paul P, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review of the hotel. We are still working on gettiing new carpet inn our smoking rooms but in the meantime we have shampooed carpet in the room... We look forward to seeing you on your next visit....

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The room we stayed in was absolutely filthy! The floors had not been vacuumed to the point there was crackers and paper left on the floor. The bathtub had a huge dirt ring around it, nasty! The bathroom faucet handle was broke. The lighting was really dark. There was no wifi. And to top it off someone was getting assaulted in the room next to ours. Needless to say we were there for a few hours and left. This was supposed to be non smoking and you could smell smoke.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson