All reviewsroom was cleaninstant oatmealcontinental breakfastmy motherrestaurants and shoppingbagelsup to datevisit familyenglish muffinthe breakfast areahairdryerfurnituremicrowaveflport
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I had the worst experience ever staying at this HoJo's. My wife and I moved down here from Wisconsin with everything we could fit in a 16 ft trailer with a tarp on it. On the way down bad weather ripped the tarp, stuff got super wet, I have a back injury with constant pain and couldn't keep trying to tape holes, etc.
We make it here to Port Richey, stay here two nights, the 2nd night, someone is trying to break into our room at 1am and threatening us, saying they are with housekeeping and we owe them money, give me my money if you want to stay here. My room phone didn't work, I used my cell and called 911. The Paso Sheriffs showed up right away. Magically the phone in our room works again. There are cameras all over the place but the manager couldn't show them the people who were threatening us, what a surprise.
Next morning we are told we have to leave because our one dog who is 55lbs is to big and we have a cat we didn't tell them about. We told the manager about every pet when we checked in and it wasn't a problem, just pay an extra $10 a day which we were fine with. My thinking is that if I own a business and my customers were threatened and the sheriffs had to be called, I would be doing what I could to accommodate them, not kick them out, unless I was the one behind the
attempted assault. FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Stay away all together!
3  Thank Dale M
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The stay was pleasant, it wasn't peaceful and not crowded. Had to change rooms from smoking to non smoking, the first room's carpet needed to be shampooed bad turned our feet black. But front desk very nice and changed our rooms no problem. Noon smoking rooms have been recently updated it seemed so it was nice and clean. Pool was very nice, clean and pool area was nice and neat. Would stay again!!

Room Tip: Book a non smoking room and smoke outside if you do smoke
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Paul P, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review of the hotel. We are still working on gettiing new carpet inn our smoking rooms but in the meantime we have shampooed carpet in the room... We look forward to seeing you on your next visit....

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The room we stayed in was absolutely filthy! The floors had not been vacuumed to the point there was crackers and paper left on the floor. The bathtub had a huge dirt ring around it, nasty! The bathroom faucet handle was broke. The lighting was really dark. There was no wifi. And to top it off someone was getting assaulted in the room next to ours. Needless to say we were there for a few hours and left. This was supposed to be non smoking and you could smell smoke.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had a great experience. Clean rooms, comfy bed, clean bathroom. No problems. I would go there again

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
1  Thank phelpsmom
Paul P, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review of our hotel. We have just finished remodeling the Hotel and making better everday. Hope to see you on your next trip to Port Richey FL...

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for several years now and generally it is a pleasant experience.
However, used the laundry facilites and that certainly left alot to be desired, it is outside, dirty and no supplies available. Guests who stay for extended periods should be able to expect a clean inside room with laundry supplies avaialble and washers and dryers that are well maintained.
The only other complaint I have is that the staff is constantly outside smoking at the outdoor tables that should be for the guests. Not very professional when they have to run in to wait on Customers....

Room Tip: Try to get on the side away from the run down hotel beside.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane V

Thank you for the review of the Hotel.. We are in the middle of remodeling the rest of our room and would love to see u back when we get done..