“Absolutely horrible.”

Howard Johnson Port Richey
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey
“Absolutely horrible.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I reserved 3 nites here based on some of the most recent reviews & please heed my warning. I just got to this location & am checking out & staying @ a different hotel & its 11 at nite & I just traveled all day. The man on duty tonite let me see 3 rooms in the hotel after the first horrible room he gave me & each was more horrible than the previous. The toilet was broken in the 2nd. Lights don't work. No smoking rooms smell like smoke. Rooms are dirty...even the shower head was covered in dust. Floors are dirty, bedspreads are dirty with iron burns & cigarette burns. I don't know what hotel or room these previous people are reviewing, but its not the Port Richey Hojo, cause its gross. I just traveled the last 2 wks. to California & back...stayed in a hotel every nite, one of which was a Hojo & have never seen one this disgusting.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank minkenum
HowardJohnsonPR, Manager at Howard Johnson Port Richey, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience. Saying that I am so terribly sorry for what you experienced, what you described is below your standards and ours. Being a part of the Howard Johnson family we take great pride in our rooms and our service. I'm sorry we failed you when it came to these things and made what I'm sure was a long day even longer. I know it's a lot to ask but we are going ask for the opportunity to prove we are better than what you experienced. Either way, next time you are in town give us a call so we can either get you into a great room at a great rate or help you book at another location. Thank you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My stay here was most enjoyable,staff made us feel so welcome at all times....friendly atmosphere and nothing was too much to ask for. Rachel,the manager of the hotel was just a dream to be around as she was always happy,cheerful and smiling..(we don't have hotel managers like that here in the UK!!)....I will no doubt be recommending you're hotel to friends and family as our experience here was amazing and we cannot wait to return here next year. Thank you so much for the wonderful hospitality we received. Kind Regards. Mr & Mrs MCCaffery UK.

• Stayed March 2013
HowardJohnsonPR, Manager at Howard Johnson Port Richey, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you Mr. and Mrs. McCaffery for your kind remarks. I will be sure to let Rachel and her staff know and we look forward to seeing you next year,
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was highly impressed with the service at this very affordable location. I used to work at a hotel, a Homewood Suites by Hilton, so I always take those standards with me when I travel. This is one of the nicest HoJo's I have stayed in. Everything was clean, refreshing, and accessible. The staff was amazing, especially Rachel Lakin, going above and beyond to ensure I had a most comfortable stay. There was never any issues that I experienced, unlike other properties, where there's always some maintenance issue, or the wireless wasn't working, etc. They truly are doing a wonderful job making everyone feel like it's their home away from home and I would recommend this location to anyone traveling in that area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I will be sure to let Rachel and the rest of the staff know what you have said about them. We hope to see you again in the future.
Summerville
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was very impressed with the bed we had in our room we slept well the mattress was excellent. The bathroom was a bit small, They are renovating and doing a fine job. I give it a A-PLUS

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again when are renovations are complete.
Clearwater, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here recently for about a month and can not say enough good things about this place.
The staff is excellent and friendly, the rooms are cleaned very well, the parking lots are maintained, the rooms are being updated, the pool was nice, and the rates cannot be beat in this area. The free wireless was nice, and refigerator and microwave in room was a surprise. The breakfast was awesome love the waffles.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HowardJohnsonPR, Manager at Howard Johnson Port Richey, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We are so happy that you took the time to write a review of our Howard Johnson. We hope to see you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Richey
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Weeki Wachee
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill

Been to Howard Johnson Port Richey? Share your experiences!