“Roaches,Filth and Liars!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Roaches,Filth and Liars!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotwire and they did refund me and book me another hotel. If you know anything about them you know they don't refund,that's how BAD it was! This is my first bad review of a hotel so I'm not the kind to pick over nothing. I checked in on 3-26-13 and going into the room found a 2x4 half on the bed and half on the floor with nails sticking out as if someone tried to kill another human being in a bar fight. Then the head board was ripped off,no drawers on the dresser that were not broken,filth on the floor all over,bed bugs and best of all,ROACHES crawling out of the fridge! I called Hotwire and they called the front desk who said I was lying that they did not have a roach problem. Luckily I took pictures of the room and marched them down to the front desk and had it out with the lying front desk woman! Don't risk your life by staying there!

Room Tip: They offered to give me another room but once a German roach is on the property you will bring them...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank southernicetea
HowardJohnsonPR, Manager at Howard Johnson Port Richey, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Southernicetea, It is very disheartening to learn of your issues while staying at our Howard Johnson Hotel. I can assure you that we have taken all appropriate measures to correct the situation during your stay and have ensured that our hotel remains without any infestation after careful inspection from our certified pest control company.
We take situations like this very seriously and treat each case very importantly. I can ensure that we have taken extreme measures to be certain no guest will encounter this problem.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

While visiting family in the Port Richey area I stayed in Room 118 for three nights. The lobby and breakfast room were newly renovated and bright. Service was good and I was able to park just outside my room two of the three nights. The room itself , while clean, was a little overdue for renovation. Although I didn't use them, there was a microwave and small refrigerator in the room. The heater worked well when I needed it (always disconcerting in Florida). On the negative side the door communicating with the next room let in conversations on occasion, the television remote skipped channels, and the sink had no plug. Overall I was comfortable in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
The cold weather in Florida is always disconcerting for us as well! It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your time in Port Richey. Having the ability to park your vehicle close to your room is also comforting for some. We hope to see you in Port Richey again soon!
Nora
Reviewed March 19, 2013

All the staff did a good job. house keeping kept the room in great shape. The Manager was very helpful. My only complaint was the wendys restaurant next door emptied their dumpsters at 5am. Nothing else to say at this time. I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your review Chris M... and I agree... no one likes being woke up at 5am. Now that we know that was an issue we will look into it and see what we can do so it doesn't bother anyone else that early in the morning. Please remember us next time your in Port Richey, we would love to have you stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Richey
#4 of 7 in New Port Richey
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Weeki Wachee

Been to Howard Johnson Port Richey? Share your experiences!