“Great food great prices great service!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 97 Restaurants in Port Richey
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great food great prices great service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've been coming to Gringos for many years, after reading the above posts about a foul smell I disagree, the smell of fajitas fills the restaurant seems like everytime I go!! Their portions are large especially for the prices. My husband and I only go in on Sundays its very relaxed,the server who is always the only server is very welcoming, quick, and very very poilte, even if she's busy she makes sure every customer is happy takes that extra minute or two to chat which to us makes us feel welcome, If you haven't tried Gringos your missing OUT!! I wouldn't even compare to taco bell hands down best south west Tex mex American restaurant in pasco!!

New Port Richey, Florida
“Funny smells and poor service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Unfortunately, this place is not even on my "maybe" list. The food was a bland and a very very Americanized version of "Mexican" food (less Mexican than Taco Bell!). The server was actually rude and slow, and the place looked like it needed a good scrubbing. There was a funny smell, like almost turned meat, and I could see that the kitchen was dirty.
I won't go back. Estella's and Golden Tequilla are better. Even the Little Road Taco Bell (slow with bad service) beats this place, hands down.

• Visited August 2012
Port Richey, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gringo's--Eat AT Your Own Risk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Terrible Terrible customer service. Did I say terrible? I used to eat here all the time, the food is pretty good, but the service is poor. I ate here until the day of the fateful Taco Salad with ground beef. When I picked up my salad, it was half the size it normally is. So I gently brought this to the attention of the waitress, who basically said "Too Bad." Then she got her manager, who didn't care, either. They tried to blame my small salad on the fact that it had been sitting there for 45 minutes and the lettuce had "shrunk".

I tried telling them that the tortilla shell it came in was half its normal size, and there was hardly any ground beef or lettuce. Normally this salad is so HUGE I can only eat half of it, and tonight it looked like a small appetizer salad.

I asked for my money back and they wouldn't accommodate, so I said that they were about to lose two faithful customers over a small and inexpensive taco salad, and again there was lack of sincerity and indifference on the managers part. The staff is very young and definitely do not know how to make a customer happy.

I am a respectable business person in the community, and try to be very professional and kind. I was really disappointed that after eating here for over a year faithfully, and paying $9 for a salad that was HALF of the size it's always been, I really wanted them to make things right, but they did not.

So we are looking for a new mexican restaurant that has good food and great customer service. In my opinion, your food is only as good as your customer service.

If you want a class A restaurant keep looking, this one is not it.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Emily W
“Average Mexican will return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Has been at this location for years (10+) has survived this long can't be too bad. Worth trying, will go back. Very good size portions. Can't eat it all

Milan, Indiana
“They have meatless options, but they are a little pricey for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

Gringo's has pretty good food. We discovered their meatless options when we were on a no meat kick. They use chunks of Boca burgers instead of meat. The only two problems are:
1. A bit expensive for a burrito with chunks of Boca burger in it
2. They won't make many of the dishes with the Boca - I guess it's too big of a hassle to crumble it up and put it in a taco.

A couple of times when I called they weren't sure what I was talking about when I wanted a meatless burrito, but then the phone was handed over to someone that knew what they were talking about.

We have eaten in there a few times, and everyone seemed friendly enough, although sometimes in a bit of a hurry for no apparent reason.

Overall, it's a good place to eat, and has meatless options, but they limit their sales by only offering the Boca in very few dishes.

• Visited November 2011