“fun spot in Port Richey”
Review of Gill Dawg

Gill Dawg
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Port Richey
Cuisines: American
Description: A slice of Florida heaven tucked away along the Cotee River in Port Richey. We invite you to stop in to Gill Dawg's Tiki Bar and Grill and sit back and relax while enjoying our locally inspired dishes, fresh seafood and cool signature cocktails that are sure to quench your thirst. Enjoy waterfront dining along the Cotee River! We offer seating among the trees dripping with Spanish moss, or you can pick a sunny spot near the water. Our large screen TVs ensure you'll never miss a minute of the big game! Sounds good, right? So, what are you waiting for? Come see us soon! Great Entertainment! We offer weekly live music on the deck, and also feature larger musical acts on our main stage at Waynes World Event Center adjacent to the Tiki Bar.
Port Richey, Florida, United States
“fun spot in Port Richey”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Gil Dawg is the newest addition to the Port Richey Waterfront scene, it has a hip vibe, great energy, fun up beat atmosphere and pleasant staff. They are doing saturday markets of local vendors, have kayak and paddleboard rentals, Its a real bright spot and much needed place in Port Richey.

• Visited June 2014

Port Richey, Florida
“A fun place”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Relaxed pub-like atmosphere with outdoor seating. Great service, and a fish reuben to die for. Good selection of beers. The only negative for me is that the outside seats are bar height adirondack chairs, but they're so heavy (and I'm short) that once you're seated, you can't get close to the table unless someone pushes you in! Still, it's a great place, and not overpoweringly noisy.

• Visited April 2014
New Port Richey, Florida
“Great Place on the River with Water View”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Atmosphere is very appealing. Outdoor setting.The wait staff and bartenders are friendly, Love the decor, except the chairs around the bar are EXTREMELY big and heavy and take up too much room! Swings would work great around the bar! Tried various menu items, all have been good, the jerk chicken is my favorite. Various music during the week. They also rent out kayaks, paddle boards and have pontoons. There is a large party area with a stage that could host various events. A very good happy hour M-F 4 to 7 and the place is usually packed. All age groups. Pet friendly and for the most part it works, except for one time a lady had an aggressive dog and I cannot understand why management let her stay. Love this new, fresh place on the water and we will definitely be regulars at Gil Dawgs!

• Visited May 2014
“Rude”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

True story!!! Went to Gill Dawg and ordered a beer. They gave it to me then said "you on a diet" because it was an Ultra. "No just like it" I said. Employee says I gotta beer you gotta try and hands me a Beer. I try it and pass it around. Hour later bartender waves me over and says,"you got pay for that beer" I didn't ordered it the manager gave it to me. "Yea we'll he doesn't work anymore and he didn't pay for it so you have to." So I repeated back to her, so your manager gave me a beer I didn't order and you fired him so you want me to buy it now. She said yes he had a history of giving away drinks. I gave her the $5 and was furious. Manager came over and tried to justify what the bartender did instead of just apologizing and giving me back my money. I left and have no plans of returning — feeling angry at Gill Dawg.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Singer1978
New Port Richey, Florida
“Great Time Had!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The food was fresh, the wait staff was friendly and accommodating, the location was great, its on the river and they have live music!!

• Visited May 2014