“Good hotel, but staff seemed overworked ?”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey
Reviewed February 19, 2010

This is a nice, clean and quiet hotel where things function and people are correct. But why does the staff not communicate (talk to, smile or just look at the guests).
We came from a hotel in the same hotelgroup, where you were greeted with a hallo og how are you today or a smile or something else - even a joke.
Here nothing, untill the manager on the morning we left greeted us.
And the hotel annonces an envirommental policy, save water etc. by re-using the towels in the bathroom. But there ar no pegs !! at all.
It seems as everything was thin - the coffe, the juices and the smiles.
And then mr. manager - please let the blonde breakfast lady teach the young girls how to keep the breakfast place nice and tidy, how to clean the tables etc. after each guest has used it, and how to overlook that everything functions.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey

Reviewed January 5, 2010

This hotel was amazing. We stayed from Dec, 21 to 28 and we loved this hotel would stay here anytime.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2009

This was our longest stay in a Holiday Inn Express, and it was pleasant. I would choose this location again, should i be returning to the area. The only criticism I have is that the USA Today newspaper was not available, there was apparently some problem with the delivery service. Being a 'news junkie' I missed this amenity. But that is the only negative comment, minor though it is, that I have.

The staff was very pleasant and cordial, and the location was convenient. I am glad that I made the decision to pick this location.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GReatTraveler0128
Reviewed June 5, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights to attend a graduation and wedding, in late May 2009. The hotel is immaculately clean. The staff were all very friendly, very helpful and all seemed to truly enjoy working here. I would recommend this hotel to anybody. The housekeeping was excellent. We booked it at a senior rate $99, but then later the rate dropped to $84. We did not notice until after we got home that they had charged the higher rate. I called the hotel and they credited the difference back to us. They have coffee 24/7. The continental breakfast was very good---hot sweet rolls, bacon or sausage, sausage gravy, biscuits, eggs, toast, muffins, bagels, cereal and 3 different juices. The food was constantly filled--only one morning, was there a problem with keeping the hot foods full. That was because there were an unusually large amount of people at one time eating (as compared to the other mornings we were there). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights, after finishing cleaning my father's house nearby, readying it for sale. We were tired, sore and hungry, after cleaning and moving for four days, and were pleasantly surprised to find a new hotel in the area. After a speedy check-in, with the friendly staff, we went upstairs to find our room. What we found was a warm, comfortable room with soft beds, a great shower, and a nice decor. The free breakfast in the morning was tasty, bountiful and filling. This was a pleasant experience, and definately a change from what we usually experience. Holiday Inn Express outdid themselves in building, and staffing this hotel. A Great stay!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I am very picky when it comes to staying in a hotel. I was very impressed on how clean the room and the whole hotel was. Not a speck of mold/mildew in the bathroom, and I didn't feel the need to use my slippers. The full hot breakfast buffet was terrefic!
This hotel is a non-smoking & non pet hotel so I believe that made the difference. I picked this hotel because of the great reviews so giving your input really does help.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Kleach
Reviewed November 26, 2008

I was traveling alone, as a female on a motorcycle. The Holiday Inn Express did everything that they could to accommodate me. I asked for a ground floor room, with two beds, and if I could park my bike on the portico overnight. When I checked in, the desk clerk went over my requests, and very kindly granted them. I had been riding all day, and was hungry, and she was very helpful in getting me a menu for a restaurant in the area that delivered, and quickly! I got my stuff to my room, and the beds were comfortable. I was able to take a bath in the tub (so many hotels have small tubs that are not "soak" friendly!). My room was nice and quiet, the bed was comfortable, the towels were plentiful and soft. The in room coffee supplies for in the morning were adequate. The breakfast was good, coffee was great. In the evening, they had plates of cookies out by the coffee station for bedtime snacks. The staff was very helpful, parking was well lit. I would definitely stay at this property again!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
#4 of 7 in Port Richey
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trinity

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey? Share your experiences!