“No Problems Here”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey
Hamilton
“No Problems Here”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We were in the area to meet friends and T/A helped us select this property. Everything was fine. There wasn't a single problem. The fridge was cold, the microwave worked, the TV was OK and the free wifi hooked us up. No problems! The breakfast was the usual HIE fare but it was good.
We'd go back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so please to see you enjoyed your stay and our amazing staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was staying at the HIE in Clearwater. I had to extend my stay but could not stay there as they were full. So, when I found a deeply discounted rate at this property, I decided to try it despite the long drive.

No check-ins till 3 pm. I went at about 1:30 and they turned me away because they had been full the night before. Truth be told, they do state check-in time is 3pm but having traveled the world over, this is the first time I have had this happen to me. Not pleasant, but no biggie. Despite being the bearer of bad news, the person at the front desk was quite professional and courteous.

As I went up to my room on the 4th floor, 2-3 members of the cleaning crew said "Hi" and were very friendly. Just as I was entering my room, a charming young lady with a big smile said, " I just finished up in there 1 minute ago. I hope you enjoy it!" It was nice of her. This however, made me determined to find the one spec of dust she missed...... no just kidding :-) The room was actually very tidy and appeared clean.

It didn't take me long to notice there was no fridge or microwave, which was a bit of a let down as there was ample space. On the plus side the ceiling was probably 10ft high and that adds to the "airiness" of the room. The room overlooked the pool and jacuzzi. They appeared to be clean, as did the grounds.

My big thing is peace and quiet. This may hold true more so for me than for others. It appears HIE all use the same door locks/door closers. These things just slam the doors shut and can be heard halfway down the hallway. This is not fun late at night. I fell asleep without my ear plugs and at 11:30pm BAM! Couldn't get back to sleep for another 2 hours. So unnecessary.

I had asked if a late checkout was possible (noon instead of 11) and they declined. They knocked on my door at 10:15 because they supposedly didn't know if I was in there or not. I suspect the cleaning crew was trying to get a head start. The "Stay Relaxed" (Do not disturb) sign was hanging outside. This is a HUGE NO-NO in my book.

I found the lighting in the bathroom to be insufficient. I have no troubles with my sight. The shower curtain rod was about to fall off too.

For the price I paid, it was ok. Lower-middle end hotels trying to jazz stuff up with branding and catch phrases. I would not have found any value if I had paid full price and I'm surprised that people do. Not worth more than $50-55 a night even during season.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very happy to see you enjoyed our amazing staff and found your room to be clean and spacious. We apologize for the microwave/min-fridge issue but we are in the process of getting them into all of the rooms. We are also sorry that we where not able to accommodate your early check-in/late check-out requests due to our high occupancy. We hope you will be willing to give us another chance the next time you are in the area so we may prove our property has more value than what you first thought. Thank you again.
Portland, Michigan
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews.Stayed one night while traveling.

Check in was easy, staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel appeared clean, rooms were clean, bed was comfortable. Rooms were equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, small flat screen TV, coffee maker, free WiFi.

The free back breakfast was pretty standard. Breakfast area was clean, comfortable, and well attended.

Hotel was a good value for the price ($81 + taxes/fees). Not a WOW but an OK stay.

• Stayed February 2014
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased an experience travel such as yourself found good value in your stay and our amazing staff to be kind and helpful. We take a lot of pride in keeping our property a clean one. We hope to see you the next time you are in Port Richey so we can WOW you!
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had a wonderful stay that was made even better by an excellent and friendly staff. The hotel and room was well maintained and clean. They have a hot breakfast bar that is far above average. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, safe and friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: From my perspective any room on any floor would work very well.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Rick,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review your recent stay with us. It means a lot to everyone here that an experienced traveler such as yourself would go out of their way to complement us. Thank you again and we are looking forward to your next trip with us!
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here when traveling up the coast line looking for a Marina for our boat. We book the room over the phone late in the evening using the toll free number. When we arrived a short time later we were told that a mistake had been made and we were being "upgraded" to a suite at no charge. Very nice staff, clean room with lots of space. We slept very well. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, however it looked like the normal fair with this hotel chain. We would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pigfanatic
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very excited to see that you enjoyed your stay and our fantastic staff. Thank you again and we are looking forward to having you back with us!
Galena, Illinois
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

...this Holiday Inn experience. I sincerely hope management reads it. I have a beautiful Golden-Doodle & traveling extensively with her. We've been lots of places all over the Country. Who woulda thought the finest, most friendly 'sleep-over' would be in Port Richey?!?
I even stayed two extra night just for the FUN of it. Of course everyone loved my MAXine & the amenities were awesome. I'll definitely be back for the sheer 'Fun' of it all.
Particularly, management listening? Is Rosemary Anazco! Stellar. Please acknowledge her remarkable Organizational & People Skills. She made all the difference. Thank You.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Terri M
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Terri,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to post about your (and Maxine's) recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our amazing staff, trust us it does not go overlooked. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you and Maxine again the next time you are in Port Richey!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Where should I begin ? The hotel itself is very nice. not only spotless but the rooms are very spacious. Breakfast was exquisite and the staff ?! talk about making you feel welcomed. like your own family. Rosemary and Kim were both extremely helpful. I will return to this hotel every time i come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Broadway2013
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here on TripAdvisor for the world to see. We are thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay and bestowed upon us the greatest complement any hotel team could wish for by saying we are like family. Thank you again and we can't wait to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Richey
#4 of 7 in Port Richey
Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey? Share your experiences!