“Very nice”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very nice, clean hotel. Stayed for 2 nights and would definitely stay here again. My only complaint is that there wasn't any fruit on the breakfast bar the first morning of our trip. My friend has multiple food allergies and she can only have fruit for breakfast. Other than that the hotel was great and the staff was nice and helpful.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Angela,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff has always been very friendly. The only complaint I have is the free breakfast. The food is not very good. The food was overly salted and the coffee was watered down.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are pleased that our guest 1st attitude shines threw to the guest. Unfortunately our breakfast is a brand standard meaning we are told what products we must use. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Port Richey

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here overnight for a wedding in the area. Hotel is spotless, staff is friendly and accomodating and the breakfast is very filling and delicious. Nice pool and hot tub for the kids with a mini golf course next door. Would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Request a pool view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Travelher,

We want to 1st complement you on a great TripAdvisor username. Secondly we want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your one night stay with us. We are pleased to hear you noticed the hard work our staff puts in keeping the property clean. We hope the next time you or your family are in Port Richey!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 2 weeks while visiting family during our annual trip to Florida. I can't say enough about the excellent staff, cleanliness of the building, and the overall quality of the hotel. Having a small baby, the cleanliness of the hotel is always the top priority for me. I saw people cleaning this hotel THOROUGHLY every day. This even included someone scrubbing down the elevator doors and buttons. Our Presidential suite was extremely accommodating and was a perfect set-up for our baby during nap times. The pool and spa (which were equally clean) were great to have available to us since it was difficult to go to the beach on a daily basis with a baby. The hotel even provided towels near the door to the pool.

The only issues we really encountered were that the shower curtain didn't seem to be big enough for our bath tub and sometimes leaked when we took a shower. This was not a huge problem as long as we were careful and worked around the issue. Additionally, our air conditioner was difficult to control and was either too warm or too cold. I'm not sure if it was climate-controlled or not. They also had high security in regards to their WIFI and we constantly had to log back in to the system when using our iPhones. This wasn't the case with my computer though their WIFI could be slow at times. BUT, it worked and we could complete the tasks we needed to do.

Overall I can't say enough great things about this hotel. Thanks so much for the cleanliness and dedication of the staff! I will be staying here again next year when we make our annual trip!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear valued guest,

We want to first thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review of your stay with us. Secondly we thank you for recognizing the hard work of our staff, we take so much pride in delivering great customer services and maintaining a clean property. We can't wait to have you and your family back with us!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had my family stay here during Christmas in 2012 and they loved it. I had to go back to FL and stayed here 3 nights and the value is great. the breakfast is OK and will keep you going until lunch although if you are on a diet you could be tempted. We booked a suite that is about the same size as a Marriott Courtyard regular room. All in all good value, good service and helpful staff

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Dan,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review about your stay (and your family's holiday stay). Our whole staff thanks you for your kind review and we lokk forward to your next stay!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

You would think with the economic state of this country employees would appreciate the business, but this is not the case. I stay in this area very frequently, It will be the last time I will stay here. After enjoing the pool, to exit the area you need the room key. However if the room key does not work will not allow me to leave the pool area. So I proceeded to call the front desk to rescure me, and I was told that I have to wait because the front desk person was busy with a customer.

After the front desk lady by the name of Kim came to rescue me, she did not believe me that my key did not work so She proceeded to try it herself, Locking herself in the pool area.... Now with even more attitude she asked me do I have magnets to deactivate my room card! I just checked in an hour ago and this stay is so unpleasant it's ridiculous. Why would I want to deactivate my own room key locking myself in the pool area? Needless to say if you want a good experience say at the Homewood suites Hotel down the street.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Katanapilot,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring the matter of the front desk to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience caused you. We will follow up with the appropriate department to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have stayed here before and it has always been clean, friendly, and excellent service.
This time there was a slight problem with my reservation but it was quickly handled in a
very professional manner. From my stays here I have decided I don't want to be close
to the elevator. The ding of the bell gets a little annoying.

Room Tip: Don't get close to elevators
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank worldtraveler810
rdy2vaca, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for your review of our Holiday Inn Express. We strive to always make things right with our guests and ensure that you have the best possible stay. Thank you for staying with us again and we hope to see you back again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Richey
#4 of 7 in Port Richey
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trinity
Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey? Share your experiences!