“Just Perfect!”

Harold Seltzer's Steak House
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Port Richey
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of Port Richey Florida at Gulf View Square Mall, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service and roaring fireplaces for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive lunch, dinner and late night menus offer a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and a daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a party for my parents' 75th wedding anniversary. First an hour for hors d'oeuvres and mingling, then a GREAT selection of entrees, followed by REALLY good cakes. The waiters couldn't have been nicer, allowing time for a blessing before the meal and little speeches between courses. A large television played a slide show of pictures (from when my parents were dating in 1938 to 2014) the whole time. It was a special day for my parents and a good time for all.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Betty D
Harold2727, Owner at Harold Seltzer's Steak House, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Betty,
We are so delighted that the celebration of your parents' 75th Wedding Anniversary-WOW!-was such a smashing success and that all of your guests and especially your parents-God Bless them!-had such a great time.
We truly look forward to hosting you, your friends, and family for many years to come. On special occasions and always. Just like the old ad about Florida OJ not being 'just for breakfast anymore', while we excel at special occasions, we are a great place for lunch or dinner and are proud to provide outstanding food and service all the time. After all, isn't every day 'special'?
Many thanks.
Harold Seltzer

Brooksville, Florida
“Total Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

My partner and I returned to Harold Seltzer's in February 2014, after thoroughly enjoying our first visit in September 2013. At that time, he had ordered the rack of lamb and I had the filet kebobs.
He loved the lamb and I raved about the kebabs. They were cooked to perfection, tender and
very tasty. As a matter of fact, I couldn't get them out of my mind. We both remarked that we would love to return, which we did in February, but with a very different outcome. This time he decided to order the Calamari and I wanted to experience my filet kebabs again. My first disappointment was with the salad. It did not taste fresh and I ended up eating it, but not enjoying it. I had ordered my kebabs medium and stated pink to the waiter. What I was served was medium rare and the kebabs were not cut from a filet portion of meat. I sent them back to be cooked longer hoping they would be more tender, but they weren't. We had already been there so long I didn't want to wait any longer, so I decided to take them home and cook them myself. Fortunately, my partner was happy with his Calamari. I was disappointed that I could not enjoy the meal that I so enjoyed five months ago, but I believe that this restaurant has many
inconsistencies and that there is a lack of quality control. I do not believe that we will be returning to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
Wendy,
I am happy that your partner was pleased with their meal but sorry you were disappointed on your recent return visit and that your lamb was not cooked as ordered. If your meat wasn't tender, which can happen occasionally despite the care we take in purchasing and aging our beef, I wish you had given us the opportunity to give you a new portion rather than cooking the one served longer [which tends to make meat less flavorful and tender rather than more so].
Since you were so delighted with your initial visit, please give us another opportunity to prove to you that your first visit was the 'norm' and your last was the 'exception'. We would like to 'wow' you!
Please also feel free to call me or email me personally to make your reservation for you next time.
Harold Seltzer, Owner
Port Richey, Florida
“ASHLEY was our server”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

We have had the privilege to have Ashley serve us, on several occasions. She is an excellent server and attended to our request promptly and courteously.

Thunder Bay, Canada
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Prime rib is the best. We love to eat here the kids love it too. the prices are very good and the food is better. My son had the kids prime rib and it was just as good as my prime rib. We had a coupon for a free blooming onion which was great.

New Port Richey, Florida
“Great Steak House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

The best prime rib we have ever had- wonderful service- our favorite restaurant in the area- the sides are excellent too