“Good Prime Rib”

Harold Seltzer's Steak House
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Port Richey
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of Port Richey Florida at Gulf View Square Mall, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service and roaring fireplaces for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive lunch, dinner and late night menus offer a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and a daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had the prime rib and my mom ordered the lobster. She said it was way too hard to even chew. The server was great and exchanged it for the prime rib immediately. Everything else was very good.

2  Thank JENEinVEGAS

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've eaten at his restaurant a number of times, both in its former incarnation as Sam Seltzer's and under its current management. The restaurant is comfortable and a has a nice ambiance. Service is usually good, and I've never felt rushed out the door -- it's a nice place to sit and dine.

On our most recent trip, I had an excellent rack of lamb, perfectly cooked, accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes which were okay -- nice flavor, slightly gluey consistency. The salad was fresh and crisp, and the bread as always was freshly baked and (unfortunately) irresistible. Dessert was a slightly stale, very dry carrot cake presented in a soup plate (why?) Nice size for sharing, if you don't like the person you're dining with.

The dialogue with the server went something like this:
Server: "Do you want a box for your cake?"
Me: "No, it was terrible"
Server: "Oh, some people like it, some people don't"
Me: "It was slightly stale and Desert dry"
Server: "Have a nice evening"

Think a little training might be warranted. Someone that appeared to be a manager was buzzing about all night, with very little to do; she might have been better employed checking in with all the tables -- she certainly didn't check with me.

Overall, it's a nice place and the food is generally pretty good. In the future, I'll avoid desert.

1  Thank FBTraveler2
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I can find nothing bad to say about this place. The staff greet you
warmly and everyone is friendly. We sat in a booth in the bar and our waiter was Richard. He did an awesome job. Our appetizer of
pigs in a blanket was delicious as well as the salad. My filet mignon would melt in your mouth and was cooked to perfection.
For desert I had carrot cake and wish I would have brought a piece home with me. I can't wait to go back to Port Richey so I can eat
here again.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had dinner there today 9 people.

Wife had 1lb. Prime Rib. End cut. Served COLD.
I had full slab of ribs. Served COLD.
Baked potatoes would not melt butter. COLD
Secret Homemade BBQ sauce is the same thing you can buy at Sam's Club by the gallon.
Blue Cheese dressing was NOT what I was served on my salad, nor the man's sitting next to me.

We had been there when it was named Sam Seltzer's and were very disappointed then.

We are very disappointed again. We won't be back. People say, "Why don't you send it back." We don't bother with that and we're NOT fussy eaters. We are 'The customer who never came back.' Much easier to avoid places that don't meet our expectations and for $50.00 this place fell far short of what you would expect for the money!

1  Thank Kenny T
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I personally have never had a bad meal here at Harolds. I believe Sam is his Uncle. Harold is very personable and visits his patrons while they are dining. The meals are priced accordingly and specials are a regular on the menu. You can call ahead and make a reservation also, which is nice if you live close by. This is a family or date type restaurant. The house wines are good and the fresh baked rolls melt in your mouth. We go here often.

1  Thank Lindune