“The best hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We've been staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Port Richey for a week now and it's the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The staff can't do enough for you. Wanda, at the front desk, is adorable! The hotel is very clean, the pool is lovely and the breakfast is amazing, with so many healthy choices. I'll miss this place when we have to move on!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mame137

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nice place, really. I had a very pleasant stay. Very clean, new facilities, pleasant staff. I would most certainly return to this hotel. I really have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Nothing but nice things to say.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Everyone here was wonderful. Hotel was easy to find. Everyone there was friendly. Beds comfortable and room super clean. I was traveling here to see family for a couple of days. I had a choice of this hotel or one 10 miles closer to my destination but have chosen this one again and again for price and overall experience!

Room Tip: I stayed in the suite and it was great.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Erica should be a district mnager...she is fantastic.

Dirty areas on carpet near doorways, valance falling from ceiling, debris from previous guests under dust ruffle. I had the exact same room in May and it has gone down hill already. Vanity in bathroom very much scratched and marred, they could make it nicer with a cover stick in 2 minutes.

Get out of the scrambled, fake eggs business right away!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Four of us spent the night at this newer hotel in Port Richey because we had an early morning boat departure. We were warmly greated when we checked in and Erica the ever-so patient desk clerk was very helpful. She kept smiling when we requested room changes and continued to smile when we asked for another room change. (Room change was so we could be closer together then I didn't want a connecting room that was connected to strangers.) After all that, she got us into a nice quiet room. She even recommended "Catch" a decent local restaurant, made reservations and gave us a free appetizer voucher. Just her smile and helpfulness made the stay worth while.

Our rooms were typical Hampton Inn rooms in size but nice and clean. Plenty of towels and quiet.

We noticed that most of the guests were senior citizens but that worked out for us since there were no loud parties at night (like what happened during a recent Tampa hotel stay).

Our only note of slight disappointment was that the free breakfast was a little disppointing. There was plenty of everything, it just wasn't the best; dried eggs, canned fruit, packaged baked goods.

But the cleanliness and the warm and helpful people more than made up for it. We would definitely stay here again and do recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank littlechaos
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I thought this hotel was great! Very comfortable beds, quiet rooms and friendly staff! I'll be staying here again for sure! The weather wasn't warm enough for swimming but the pool looked very inviting!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SGollobin
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We like to stay at this hotel and it is often that we stay there since we visit that part of Florida to see our father. We checked in on Sunday, December 23, and I was very disgusted by the amount of hair that was collected on the bathroom floor. I also found hair on the cover of our bed. It was late at night and I did not want to go downstairs to bring this to anyone's attention since I am pretty sure the housekeeping is not available at that time. It was very clear that the housekeeping did very little to keep that room clean after previous guests. Perhaps they did not clean it for a long time since there was a lot of hair on the floor!!! It was very disappointing. Next morning, I spoke to someone at the front desk and she told me that she will take care of it. They cleaned it up the next day but I feel really uncomfortable going back there again. Why couldn't this be done before we checked in? It leaves you with a very bad impression!!! We are a diamond member and I guess that means very little these days! I also wrote to Hampton Inn to report this but there was no reply from them.

Room Tip: Please check the quality of your linens and towels very carefully before you stay in a room at this...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs
Howard Johnson Port Richey
Howard Johnson Port Richey
#4 of 7 in Port Richey

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey? Share your experiences!