“Great Hotel marred by a Hard Bed!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey

Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Port Richey
Orlando, Florida
“Great Hotel marred by a Hard Bed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I am a Diamond member with Hilton Hotels and I am typing this review as I sit on the edge of my rock hard mattress at this Hampton inn. I have just spent my first sleepless night in a hotel in months(and I stay in hotels almost five months of the year).

Great hotel up to date beautiful grounds and rooms. But someone seriously cut corners on this mattress! This thing is terrible!

I challenge the hotel manager to stay in room 405 for a night or more...better yet the owner...you'll see maybe why this frequent business traveller wants to come back but can't!

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mississippi Gulf Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

We were travelling to visit family in South Florida for Christmas, needed a stopping place Christmas Eve. I reseached this property which had great tripadvisor reviews, and 40 miles out, called ahead to see if there was a vacancy. Bjorn was very friendly on the phone, encouraging us to travel to Port Richey, no need to reserve, just c'mon in.

Upon arriving, we checked in easily, unloaded our overnight bags and parked. The exterior looked well kept and pretty. I wanted to watch USM play in the Hawaii Bowl, but didn't care to sit in my hotel room. I asked Bjorn if we could use the dining/lounge area. He was agreeable to that, so I set up a spot with the rest of my Christmas cards, my address books, photos, maps to plan the rest of the trip and my cuppa. Daughter set up her laptop and iPod, connected with the free WiFi, on another table and we had the best time. The lounge was tastefully decorated, the TV was great, the ambiance was perfect for our needs, low lighting, Christmas decorations, open and inviting. Pictures attached. We did need to pop a bag of popcorn and Bjorn invited us to open up the kitchen so we could use the microwave. I can't stress enough how welcoming he was. Thank you Bjorn!

I did check out the pool, hoping for a heated one, but alas, no.

We greeted other guests as they checked in, hoping we'd get a little tailgating action going on, but no one else seemed to be interested in the game, although they were all friendly. After the game (USM won!) we cleaned up our litter and headed back to the room. The room was fine. Beds comfortable, bedding looked and smelled clean and fresh, not much of a view, but we weren't on the Coast and didn't expect that. Slept peacefully, was not awakened by any disturbances, noise, traffic, anything. I did use an extra towel to block the light coming from under the door, as I usually do at most hotels. The bathroom was fine, nice shower, plenty of water pressure, hot water, soap, shampoo, clean fluffy white towels, etc.

In the morning we went down to the breakfast area, greeting and being greeted by guests and staff alike with "Merry Christmas!" Standard fare: eggs, sausage patties, oatmeal, waffles, stuff like that. Completely up to par. What set it off was Anna's friendliness even though she was at work on Christmas morning. She greeted all the guests, kept the place clean and well stocked, and did not get bent out of shape when I couldn't figure out how to work the milk dispenser (of all things!) and spilled it on the counter and floor. We cleaned it up in a minute. Thank you Anna!

We went back to the room, packed up and checked out. Once we got to the vehicle we couldn't find our sunglasses. Must have left them in the room. Walked back in, told the front desk we lost something and they gave us a key to get back in the room. Didn't find them, so headed back out. We found the glasses inside the vehicle. Headed on down the pike, and when we got to our final destination, saw that I had two messages from the hotel, one on email and one on facebook. Bjorn asked me to return his call. I called him, and he said they found a laptop, and since I had re-entered the property, wondered if that's what I was looking for. It was not, and they did find the owner, but I felt that this was above and beyond, and I was and still am very impressed. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and I probably will as I visit my family in the future. Perfect stopping point for me. (tip to property: can you PLEASE heat the pool? A hot tub would be a welcoming addition for weary travelers, as well: Icing on the cake! )

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Litchfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Of all the Hampton Inns we have stayed at, and we have stayed at quite a few, this one needs a room and breakfast makeover. Our room was small. The carpet in our room was VERY stained. The bathroom was a nice size. There was no refrigerator and no makeup mirror. The bed and pillows were very comfortable so we were not disappointed. The lounge area is very nice. Parking was easy. Staff was wonderful. Breakfast was just okay. Eggs and sausage was cold. Couldn't get the cereal out of the holder. No bananas. Very poor selection for breakfast. Was in a busy location so our room was noisy at night. If it wasn't for the bed, I would have not even given it a three star rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a quiet location, we did but didn't get one.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

We took a group of 17 senior adults from our church to the Hudson/Port Richey area for a Christmas program.
We were all delighted with the wonderful accomodations at the Hampton Inn. From the time we stepped into the front door and then to our rooms, the decor was very clean and welcoming.
Chris had helped me with all the arrangements and was there to help make our check-in very speedy. All the staff were more than willing to be of assistance and very friendly. Our group enjoyed the coffee/tea and goodies when we arrived. I would highly recommend this hotel when you are in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Sanford, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

This seems like the only gem in New Port Richey. The city itself seemed to be nothing but strip malls. Perhaps it was just the part of the city we were in.

Anyway, the property was great. The room was super clean and updated: Loved the full size stand up shower. The pool was nice (Slightly dirty with leaves in the deep end) and a little warm for late June. The breakfast in the mornings are the best free breakfasts out there. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Used Hilton Honors MVP
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank CABhimself
DCoventry, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you for sending in a review on our Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our "hidden gem". Please come back and visit us next time you visit the New Port Richey area. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Homestead, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Clean, Comfortable, and Quiet. An overall GOOD VALUE

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank LWx42b2
DCoventry, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for sending in your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come back and visit again.

Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

I needed a room for two nights to visit family in Tarpon Springs. I haven't been satisfied with the hotels in Tarpon, so I started looking north.
The price and newness of this Hampton Inn attracted me at first. The area is nothing much interesting, and watch out for those annoying red light cameras on US 19 on the way here!
But this was one of the nicest and cleanest hotels I have stayed in. I had a king room and it was very spacious and elegant but simple. Big comfortable bed, nice size work area with free wired and wireless internet that worked well. Very roomy bath and gigantic shower.
The included breakfast was a cut above continental, with prepackaged omelettes, loaded bagels, home fries and french toast sticks. They were just OK but nice to have if you wanted more than cereal. Lots of breakfast drink choices, coffees, teas, juices.
The pool area was basic but clean.
The only problem I had is the printer didn't work on the lobby computer, (I had to print a boarding pass). When I told the front desk, the clerk immediatly offered to print my boarding pass on the front desk printer. The same clerk also obliged my request for a late check out.
This is a new building but the staff are also very helpful and obliging. Put the two together and add a very reasonable price and I now have a new place to stay when visiting the family in Tarpon Springs!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank dsptravel
DCoventry, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Thank you so much for submitting a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey! We are thrilled to hear that you found us and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back when you visit your family in Tarpon Springs.

Director of Sales
#4 of 7 in Port Richey
Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey? Share your experiences!