“Great for Lunch & Conversation”
Review of Downwind Cafe

Downwind Cafe
Ranked #19 of 182 Restaurants in Port Orange
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was a great place to sit outside, enjoy the fresh air, watch the planes and have lunch. We had a party of four and everyone ordered different items - sandwiches were unique and tasty, and the pizza was amazing. The environment is like no other in the area -- we would return again when we visit Port Orange and plan to take others to enjoy the experience.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We found this place using Trip Advisor reviews and is a great new place for us. We've eaten here twice and the food has been great, good service and we get to watch small planes fly in and out of this private community. We'll continue to go back and bring friends and family here.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Watch the planes come and go while enjoying your meal. Eclectic menu, from salads, sandwiches, dinners or pizza. The staff was friendly. You can eat inside or out.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had breakfast here one day and lunch another and the food and service was great. Outdoor patio is a great place to have lunch and watch the airplanes take off and land. I would highly recommend a visit to this quaint restuarant.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

So my wife's Uncle is all about the lavish things in life, like an expensive car, jewelry, etc... And he was insistent that we try this restaurant that is nestled back inside a private community that has it's own landing strip for people to fly in and out of the community. Pretty lavish if you ask me.
I definitely wasn't expecting much considering that just is not my forte, but we went anyway. The restaurant is located right next to some aircraft hangars, where apparently celebrities who live in the community store their own private planes.
The restaurant itself was a bit expensive. The garlic knots were probably the thing that stood out the most, and they were very good. The meals however were pretty average and over priced in my opinion.
I wasn't really impressed, and while there wasn't anything that stood out as bad, it certainly didn't live up to the claims that my wife's Uncle had made about the place. I'd probably skip this next time I'm in town.