“Always a consistent Great Experience at the Grill”
Review of Monterey Grill

Monterey Grill
Ranked #4 of 175 Restaurants in Port Orange
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Description: Monterey Grill is a casual neighborhood restaurant with a fresh All American favorites menu. Vote Best Restaurant in 2017 Reader Choice, Monterey grill is a local favorite for family and friends. The restaurant opens at 8:00 am daily and the breakfast menu is available until 3:00. Lunch and dinner menu starts at 11:00 until close. Monterey Grill also offers catering for business lunches, parties and large groups.
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Have eaten numerous times for lunch at the Monterey Grill and have always been pleased with the exceptional service and good food.

They have awesome sweet potato fries and they are served in a unique fashion.

The place is sometimes way too cold for comfort though - so do not hang around to try their desserts, as we are frozen after the meal, so wish they would change that, so we can have dessert!!

3  Thank DNSPartners

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Our party of 8 really enjoyed this restaurant! We were extremely impressed with the burgers and amazed at the french toast meals that we saw while being seated. We went during lunch so we all ordered hamburgers in MANY different ways and they were all great. Even with some "picky" eaters all the burgers were gone at the end of meal. The side of fruit that we ordered was extremely fresh and delicious. A place we will visit each time we visit Port Orange. Can't wait to try the french toast!

2  Thank TheTaylor6
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great place!! Also, check out their other restaurant down the street called Malibu Beach Grill.

4  Thank djbksgirl
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Our family lives in the area and we have a list of 10 or 12 reliably good restaurants from Ormond Beach to New Smyrna Beach. We eat out a lot and have 'X-ed off' many places for being dirty, poor service, bad food, undesirable atmosphere or impossible wait times. Monterey Grill is always clean: tables, floors, and bathrooms. (Believe it or not, this is a problem in the Daytona area.) The decor is comfortable contemporary. During the day it is light and 'fresh' feeling. In the evening, they dim the lights and it is intimate without being too dark. It is neither too quiet, where you feel like you are the only people in the restaurant nor so loud that you are unable to converse. There are a couple of tvs overhead at the bar, they are background so you can check the weather or the latest score. You would be appropriately dressed in nice shorts to business casual. Our experiences with the wait staff are consistently good and the managers are present and on top of things. We've eaten here often enough to have tried most of the entrees, sandwiches, and salads and we are always very pleased with what we order. Favorites include: the Summer Salad, the Monterey Salad, killer club sandwich, their scallops, crabcakes, and they actually have really good chicken tenders (not frozen), great steaks and for dessert share a warm carrot cake. Monterey Grill has 'call ahead' dining, which I strongly recommend, so even on a weekend or during peak season at the beach, you can be seated in only a few minutes. Monterey Grill has remained at the top of our family's list for 3 or 4 years....hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do.

7  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I just had lunch at the Monterey Grill in Port Orange yesterday with my mom. We sat at the bar because there was a bit of a wait for a table. The bar is quite comfortable, set up for diners ahead of time.
The menu is filled with yummy sounding dishes so it was tough to choose. I picked a blue cheese grilled steak wrap with lettuce, tomato and grilled onions. I asked for my meal without the "wrap" because I just wanted the filling and they happily accommodated me. My mom ordered crabcakes benedict but didn't want the egg and they happily accommodated her as well.
The meals arrived quite quickly, considering they were in the midst of lunch rush. Both meals looked delicious. My steak was cut into small cubes and was flavorful and melded well with the blue cheese and fresh vegetables. I really liked the flavors together, but a lot of my steak was simply too tough to chew. I also had a side of fresh fruit which was nice. My mom really liked her crab cakes.
When we were about done with our meals, I mentioned that at least half of my steak was too tough to eat and the waitress took my plate right away and said that she would look into it.
Less than 5 minutes later, the waitress arrived back with a manager who apologized profusely for the problem and offered to take the entree off the bill, which I thought was quite classy. He explained that they must have just not cut the meat properly and urged me to come again and give them another chance, which I happily will.

3  Thank kramerbooks