“Pleasant Experience”
Review of Monterey Grill

Monterey Grill
Ranked #4 of 173 Restaurants in Port Orange
Cuisines: American
Description: Monterey Grill is a casual neighborhood restaurant with an All American favorites menu. Consistently voted a Reader Choice best restaurant, Monterey grill is a local favorite for family and friends. The restaurant opens at 8:00 am daily and the breakfast menu is available until 3:00. Lunch and dinner menu starts at 11:00 until close. Monterey Grill also offers catering for business lunches, parties and large groups.
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I just had lunch at the Monterey Grill in Port Orange yesterday with my mom. We sat at the bar because there was a bit of a wait for a table. The bar is quite comfortable, set up for diners ahead of time.
The menu is filled with yummy sounding dishes so it was tough to choose. I picked a blue cheese grilled steak wrap with lettuce, tomato and grilled onions. I asked for my meal without the "wrap" because I just wanted the filling and they happily accommodated me. My mom ordered crabcakes benedict but didn't want the egg and they happily accommodated her as well.
The meals arrived quite quickly, considering they were in the midst of lunch rush. Both meals looked delicious. My steak was cut into small cubes and was flavorful and melded well with the blue cheese and fresh vegetables. I really liked the flavors together, but a lot of my steak was simply too tough to chew. I also had a side of fresh fruit which was nice. My mom really liked her crab cakes.
When we were about done with our meals, I mentioned that at least half of my steak was too tough to eat and the waitress took my plate right away and said that she would look into it.
Less than 5 minutes later, the waitress arrived back with a manager who apologized profusely for the problem and offered to take the entree off the bill, which I thought was quite classy. He explained that they must have just not cut the meat properly and urged me to come again and give them another chance, which I happily will.

3  Thank kramerbooks

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Owner contacted me regarding bad experience we had with the service and manager at restaurant in April. Could have just been a poor manager and it showed in their service that day. The owner was genuinely concerned and very apologetic. It’s hard to find involved owners in this franchised day and time. We will certainly give this restaurant another try and hopefully report a much better experience in the future.

Reviewed May 10, 2011

In the last week I had lunch and dinner at Monterrey grill. At lunch I decided to have french toast, which was excellent! For dinner, I had one of their large salads and I asked for blackened chicken and it was fantastic with the honey mustard dressing. The service they delivered was quick and friendly. I never had to ask for a refill or to get the bill. The prices are great, best food in the area for the price!

2  Thank lwood1101
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This restaurant does not realize it is harder to get a new customer then to keep an old one. I have visited this restaurant many times, although it is quite a ride form my home. The food is good, but I will not be back. Before 4 pm you cannot get a potato or roll, after 4 you can. The meal is the same price, portions are the same but you get less for your money. I brought this up on my last visit and my question was ignored. No you can not get a potato before 4 pm (although I did call first and was told on Sunday they do have potatoes before 4) No rolls either, too bad you get less for your money.......too bad is true and too bad for them as they will not get my business or any referrals

1  Thank fatcheri
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We ate at the Monterey Grill during the Daytona 500. The place was packed although we were seated very quickly. Our waitress Molly left a lot to be desired. We had to wait for refills on drinks, wait for bread, wait for our food, etc. The food was good, one of the best restaurants in town. Wish we would've found it sooner. Definitely worth a shot!