“Paddle or hike through Old Florida”
Review of Cracker Creek

Cracker Creek
Ranked #3 of 39 things to do in Port Orange
More attraction details
Owner description: Cracker Creek is an environmental and historical treasure of Port Orange. Located on the western side of scenic Spruce Creek, this 20 acre sanctuary is a natural home for a variety of endangered plants and animals that can be seen by boat or on foot. Cracker Creek is a pure nature preserve and is perfect for many recreational activities such as boating, bird watching, canoeing, kayaking, group camping, and hiking.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

An Old Florida setting, lots of trees, picnic tables, and a number of restored buildings dating to the late 1800's. Plan to spend an hour just exploring the place before you rent a canoe and paddle Spruce Creek for miles, or relax while their pontoon boat captain narrates your trip.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

we went here for a 2 our kayak rental, we had a nice day to go warm but not hot, when we arrived we were greetedwith very friendly people, they offer a"cafe" on weekends ,there are washrooms and showers which are very clean. Rick settled us into our tandem kayak answered any questions and away we went. the creek meanders away , at first it was just trees , shrubs etc. but is was so calm and peaceful, we passed a few fishermen who seemed to be catching a lot, we went about a mile and a half then turned around we saw quite a few heron, then on an outjutting log there was a big turtle and a gator sunning themselves with another gator further back , they were about 3 feet, maybe not huge to some of you but big enough for me, shortly after an osprey flew over with his catch of the day and landed on a tree for his meal. this place is great ,we are very experienced so the calm waters are just perfect. i thouroughly recommend this place

1  Thank rosrog
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Cracker Creek is one of my favorite places in Florida. You can rent kayaks, canoes or hydrobikes, or take their guided pontoon boat ride. When you do, you will quickly forget that "civilization" is not so far away. When I kayak down the quiet creek, I always feel like I am going back in time. There is an abundance of wildlife to see as well. There is even an outdoor "cafe" where I have enjoyed one of the best hamburgers I have ever eaten. The owners and staff are friendly and very helpful. I treated my mother to a pontoon boat ride last spring for her birthday, and she loved it. I visit Cracker Creek as often as I can!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful scenery, bar-be -que chicken croissant was excellent! People were very friendly. pontoon boat ride was just long enough!
I great day had by all of the family.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Canoe and kayak rentals. If you don't want to do that you can visit Snow white's cottage. Check when they are open before you go