“Wonderful!!!”

Herbert's Bakery & Bistro
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Port Orange
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are European-style family owned and operated business. We bake everything fresh each morning from scratch with no powders or preservatives at all! We also serve organic breakfasts, homemade sandwiches, freshly prepared salads and European comfort food!
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I am European and was super happy when I heard about them. The owners are extremely nice and polite people. I had tiramisu and it was super yummy and their "kremas" which is typical European pastry and it was really really good. Everything was fresh and not too sweet, just the way I like it. Haven't tried their bread yet but the lady standing next to me in the line said it was amazing. Will be back for sure!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank MyaW2507

“Perfect for breakfast and lunch!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Not too sweet, not too rich... just right. Everything tastes fresh and the price is surprisingly affordable... I would easily pay a few bucks more for their bread and many of the deserts. They use a lot of fruit and nuts in their pastries and it's really nice feeling like you ate something good for you while eating desert!

I've been there probably 15 times now and there's always something new and different. I love the fact that they're actually Hungarian and you see some ethnic foods that you can't find anywhere else. On that note, make sure you try the dobos and gerbeaud cakes. Super amazing.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Ryan P
Albany, NY
“Yum that is all I can say”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

What a great place to get a fresh bakery item. They use quality ingredients and have very attentive staff. Most items are not overly sweet, which I like. Worth a visit, if in the area. They have traditional baked items in addition to Hungarian delights. There have been different baked goods each time I have visited and you can special order items. Not many bakeries left in most areas. I'm glad to see this one open recently.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank sharon766
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent Hungarian/French Bakery needs to be more environmental”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This charming little bakery is the best kept secret in the Port-Orange-Daytona Area. Everything looks and tastes outstanding! My husband and I tried the apple square, the Dobos, and the punch cake. All were first class! The prices were reasonable for the amount of work that goes into the creation of each little "masterpiece." You'd never know from the name that it is primarily Hungarian& French pastries -- I guess the name relates to the fact that the bakery isn't far from the Herbert St. +S. Nova Rd. intersection. I have only 1 concern: the bakery is boxing everything in Styrofoam and not traditional boxes. This is so very bad for the environment. I will be phoning them to discuss this issue and hope that I can convince them to change to paper boxes and bags to ensure a better environment for our kids' future.

• Visited March 2014
6 Thank Julika1
Port Orange
“Excellent Bakery”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Being from NYC and have had experienced the best bakery's in the country. I was very impressed with this bakery and very pleasant owners. I have made this my regular place.

• Visited March 2014