“Excellent Hungarian/French Bakery needs to be more environmental”

Herbert's Bakery & Bistro
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Port Orange
Description: We are European-style family owned and operated business. We bake everything fresh each morning from scratch with no powders or preservatives at all! We also serve organic breakfasts, homemade sandwiches, freshly prepared salads and European comfort food!
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent Hungarian/French Bakery needs to be more environmental”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This charming little bakery is the best kept secret in the Port-Orange-Daytona Area. Everything looks and tastes outstanding! My husband and I tried the apple square, the Dobos, and the punch cake. All were first class! The prices were reasonable for the amount of work that goes into the creation of each little "masterpiece." You'd never know from the name that it is primarily Hungarian& French pastries -- I guess the name relates to the fact that the bakery isn't far from the Herbert St. +S. Nova Rd. intersection. I have only 1 concern: the bakery is boxing everything in Styrofoam and not traditional boxes. This is so very bad for the environment. I will be phoning them to discuss this issue and hope that I can convince them to change to paper boxes and bags to ensure a better environment for our kids' future.

• Visited March 2014
6 Thank Julika1

Port Orange
“Excellent Bakery”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Being from NYC and have had experienced the best bakery's in the country. I was very impressed with this bakery and very pleasant owners. I have made this my regular place.

• Visited March 2014