“Terrific Food and Service”

First Turn Steakhouse and Lounge
Ranked #61 of 173 Restaurants in Port Orange
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have tried several different menu items, and they were all great. The service is always wonderful. They make you feel like they are very happy you chose to eat with them.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

* My wife ordered the butterfly shrimp dinner which is specifically listed on the menu.
* When the dinner came, it was deep fried e received breaded deep fried shrimp.
* When she informed the server, he said they don't have butterfly shrimp on the menu.
* We pointed it out to him and he said he would inform management.
* The server came back and said what my wife received is what she gets.
* They made no attempt to rectify their major mistake.
* As we received nothing, not even an apology, I did not leave a tip.
* I've never done this before but had to make a statement!
* I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone!!

1  Thank StanleyBogacz
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was our second trip to the first turn,having enjoyed it before we decided to drive the 20 miles from our house to have a nice lunch and a couple of beers.We were fortunate to have the same server, Tami. She recognised us which makes feel good, brought our beers and took our order. My wife got the new york strip special an I had the burger plate. Everything was cooked to perfection. Tami kept the ice cold coors lights ready when we were ready for them.she is always so friendly and we look forward to going back. After lunch we had a beer at the tiki bar ouside which was nice on a beautiful December saturday in Florida.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Daytona has had some great live music jam sessions over the years, but the economy has taken its toll. One survivor is the Thursday Night Jam Session at First Turn on US 1 in Port Orange. Jam Master Sam Church has a knack for bringing together some excellent local musicians, and the outdoor deck is the perfect place to make music. As with most jams, the music starts off low-key (6 to 8 pm) but accelerates quickly (8 to 10 pm) as the band plays their favorite classic rock and blues numbers. We didn't go there for the food, but that was good too, especially the wings, fries and various comfort foods. It gets a bit cool on some winter evenings, but you can bundle up or sit near the bonfire or one of the big heaters. It's all good.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This place kinda looks like a run down biker bar from the outside... well, from the inside as well. Basically it's a sports bar with a big time racing/NASCAR theme. Lot's of TV's to catch your sport of choice. I come here for one thing... the sizzling steak! It's a rib eye served on a hot sizzling platter. Comes with a salad, potato and veggies for around $16. Can't beat it. Service can be hit or miss but it's usually good. Give it a try!