“Too much salt!”

Port Orange Steakhouse
Ranked #33 of 171 Restaurants in Port Orange
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Winner of the Stars of the South for best steakhouse, and best ribs 12 years in a row.Established in 1997, we feature wood fired steaks, burgers ribs, a wide variety of seafood and pasta. Happy hour daily 4-7. Kids menu available. Lunch is served 11:30 - 3:00 PM.
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in here to try the food out. I ordered a NY Strip steak. The quality of meat was excellent but it had way too much salt on it (not from me, I don't salt my food). For me, the cooking ruined the steak. There are too many good restaurants in the area, I won't be returning to this one.

There are newer reviews for Port Orange Steakhouse

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went out to dinner with friends and they recommended this restaurant. It is located in a shopping plaza and we were seated immediately. Our waitress was very friendly and she knew all about every dish on the menu. It was like she was a chef, or at least going to culinary school! I ordered the petite sirloin, med. rare, with homemade kettle chips and a side salad. The steak was very tasty and came with onion crisps, but I thought it could have been a wee bit more tender. The kettle chips were delicious and the side salad with balsamic vinaigrette was tasty. My husband had the 8 0z sirloin, med. rare, and his steak was very tender! He really enjoyed it. Our friends also ordered the steaks and they thoroughly enjoyed them along with the sweet potato fries and loaded baked potato.The food was plentiful, including the hot out of the oven bread sticks. Topping the meal with a glass of wine, made the evening perfect.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Sunday night and arrived at 6.55pm in time for Happy Hour.
The room was too dark and had piped lift music constantly ... Very very annoying
Our table for 9 (4 Adults & 5 Kids) ordered drinks and were told that maybe we could get happy hour dinks if she entered the order in quick .
Ordered 2 Appertisers, Pulled Pork spring rolls .. The smallest portion ever .. I asked if 2 spring rolls for $7 was correct to which another waitress said I know it's pretty bad!
The loaded potato skins were cold in the middle and just had a piece of cheese and some bacon sprinkles.
At no time did the waitress ask how our food was or a manager come over after we has asked the 2nd waitress about the size of the portion .
I then asked for a tonic water and was brought soda water. When I said it was wrong she said they would check the syrup. They brought back another soda water.
I was told that the syrup was ok and maybe I did not know what there tonic water taste like!
5 minutes later the waitress came over with a Tonic water and said the barman was pressing the wrong button. What ??? No manager came over to apologise.
Asked for bread and it arrived 2 minutes before the entree .
Main courses arrive and were good steaks and well cooked.
Kids meals were small and badly presented.
Prices were good but the restrooms were filthy
Doubt I would go back

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Local friends took us here for a meal away from the usual beach places. POS has a warm country steak house atmosphere, having been recently renovated about three years ago. But don’t let the décor fool you, staff is hip, there are lots of non-steak options, and the music they play is soft rock classics. Happy hour is 4-7 and some drinks are almost half off (e.g., get the house margarita and a shot of well tequila for a really good bargain). Known for their steaks, I was able to sample the prime rib, the ribeye with bone, ribs and sirloin with gorgonzola, thanks to the generosity of my tablemates). All the meat was good, juicy, and cooked to order. I had the local catch, wahoo, which they also cooked to order, medium rare, and it was delicious. Best side on the menu IMHO was the creamed spinach—not too creamy and topped with tangy Parmesan. Staff were friendly and engaging, some know Kentucky bourbon well but not the Canadian stuff old-timers drink, and mistakes made throughout the meal were quickly corrected. Prices were very reasonable, especially since we came just before the end of happy hour for our first round of drinks. Don't the location in a strip mall fool you, this is a great place to hang with locals, and get good food at a bargain.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Was visiting from Orlando and heard good things about this place. So I thought I would give it a try. So I sat at the bar and the bartender Selina was quite rude to me. Being very short with me. Also to her co-workers. I never went into an establishment where the bartender can be so mean to her co-workers. Saying their drinks can wait so disrespectfully. So I ate my dinner and left. Not to mention how LOUD she was! I would assume customers are there for a nice quiet dinner. I wont be returning to this steakhouse based on my experience with a rude bartender.