“Good food and lots of variety in a homey setting”

Port Orange Steakhouse
Ranked #32 of 175 Restaurants in Port Orange
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Winner of the Stars of the South for best steakhouse, and best ribs 12 years in a row.Established in 1997, we feature wood fired steaks, burgers ribs, a wide variety of seafood and pasta. Happy hour daily 4-7. Kids menu available. Lunch is served 11:30 - 3:00 PM.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Local friends took us here for a meal away from the usual beach places. POS has a warm country steak house atmosphere, having been recently renovated about three years ago. But don’t let the décor fool you, staff is hip, there are lots of non-steak options, and the music they play is soft rock classics. Happy hour is 4-7 and some drinks are almost half off (e.g., get the house margarita and a shot of well tequila for a really good bargain). Known for their steaks, I was able to sample the prime rib, the ribeye with bone, ribs and sirloin with gorgonzola, thanks to the generosity of my tablemates). All the meat was good, juicy, and cooked to order. I had the local catch, wahoo, which they also cooked to order, medium rare, and it was delicious. Best side on the menu IMHO was the creamed spinach—not too creamy and topped with tangy Parmesan. Staff were friendly and engaging, some know Kentucky bourbon well but not the Canadian stuff old-timers drink, and mistakes made throughout the meal were quickly corrected. Prices were very reasonable, especially since we came just before the end of happy hour for our first round of drinks. Don't the location in a strip mall fool you, this is a great place to hang with locals, and get good food at a bargain.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Was visiting from Orlando and heard good things about this place. So I thought I would give it a try. So I sat at the bar and the bartender Selina was quite rude to me. Being very short with me. Also to her co-workers. I never went into an establishment where the bartender can be so mean to her co-workers. Saying their drinks can wait so disrespectfully. So I ate my dinner and left. Not to mention how LOUD she was! I would assume customers are there for a nice quiet dinner. I wont be returning to this steakhouse based on my experience with a rude bartender.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We will defiantly be back. Great service and interaction (advice) with Chris, our server. Food was fast, prompt and correctly cooked by the chef. Great food from the Caesar Salad to the sirloins and stuffed baked potato.

2  Thank Richard S
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Greeted by Margo at the door, and fantastic service by Selena at the bar! I had the Ahi tuna dinner for dinner with the mushrooms it was fantastic!

1  Thank Travii1976
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Excellet food and service. We went to this steakhouse because it was recommended to us by my dad who visits Daytona twice every year. It was so good! The food was great and lots of choices! The service was excellent and the price was very reasonable. Family of 4 ate for $58.00 not including tip. 2 steaks, garlic shimp and ribs - yummy! Dont let the location and the fact that it is in a strip mall fool you at all. It is wonderful. When we go out of town we like to eat at local places and no food chains......we can do that at home. So far on this trip, no food chains and we haven't been disappointed. Give it a try, you won't be sorry.

2  Thank luvsoccer