“Seriously Unique”

Aunt Catfish's On The River
Ranked #2 of 175 Restaurants in Port Orange
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 21, 2013

You want something different ... try this place. Entertainment outside while you wait, boardwalk that goes out into the river, that you can walk while waiting or with a drink with places to sit. If the title has catfish in it, I suspected that might be the meal to have. I did, was as good as it gets, so was the cornbread, beans & cinnamon roll. Wife had salad bar, with soup, salad, breads, fish, etc. We almost needed assistance getting out of the place there was so much to eat. Fun waitress that added to the evening. Was recommended by Tisha at Daytona Regency ... thanked her when back for a unique evening.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went during Bikeweek, and even though it was way crowded, service was excellent, atmosphere was awesome, and the food was great. The salad bar could be a meal by itself. Definitely will go back whenever we visit the Daytona area.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Food variety good -price average - taste aversge- portion average- excellent salaf bar & view-easy parking

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went on Thursday during Daytona Bike Week, and only waited a small amount of time before being seated. I had Croque de Scallops for $17.99. This included the salad bar and hot bar, as well as a side and cinnamon roll. The salad bar had a great variety on it, and I was thrilled with fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. When my meal came I was surprised at how many scallops were in the order. They were small scallops, but very tasty and plentiful. In our area (Atlanta), we are charged an extra $2 upcharge for scallops so this was worth the price. The atmosphere was nice, and the restaurant was clean. The only thing that irritated me was when we were moving about the salad bar (which was a small U-shaped area accessible from one side only) two refilling staff people were talking about personal things and would just cut in between us like we weren't even there, never saying excuse me, etc. It was like we were invisible and they floated between us as they discussed things going on in their lives. I had to stop or I would have run right into one of them and she just kept talking to the other person like I was air. It was strange. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Four of us went for dinner on Wednesday during bike week. We visit at least once during the yearly trip to Daytona Beach for bike week.

The salad bar is great. We always make the mistake of filling up on salad and corn bread.

I had coconut shrimp which was crispy and had a nice coconut texture and flavour. The sauce had a nice tang but wasn't overpowering. The brother-in-law had the golden tile from the specials board. I hadn't heard of "tile" before. It came nicely grilled with a firm texture and mild taste.

One of our buddies had his usual liver and onions. We simply won't discuss that.

Service was good and fast. As usual, and typical for Aunt Catfish's, we had to wait for a table. The bar is a nice place to wait with good attentive staff.

We'll go back in the future.