“great”

Ranked #14 of 193 Restaurants in Port Orange
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Boondocks is a casual, fun restaurant with fresh seafood, great salads and soups, and all homemade sauces. We also offer chicken sandwiches and tenders, 1/2 lb. burgers, hotdogs, kid-friendly meals and a pet patio. From raw and steamed oysters to spicy steamed shrimp, Zuppa di clams and our amazing garlic bread, mussels marinara and our delicious oysters Rockefeller, we will fill you up and make you smile! Come watch the sunset over the marina and relax. Just another day in paradise!!!
Reviewed June 10, 2018

this was our last stop for lunch on a recent trip, we had a seafood feast and paella between 3 of us . perfect amount of food .definitely will return when we go back to Daytona.great atmosphere and service too

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed June 7, 2018

My wife and I just left Boondocks after a less than stellar experience. The restaurant is located on the water and is very rustic with picnic table seating. That part was just as advertised and was fine, though the tables could use a good scrubbing. I ordered the paella while my wife had the fish and chips dinner. My dinner was fine, not great, but ok. My wife's dinner on the other hand was terrible. The fish, which was called basso, was inedible. It had obviously been in the fryer too long as the batter was tough to get thru and the fish had dried out. The French fries were no better. The condiments at the table need to be cleaned between customers as the squeeze bottle of tartar sauce was coated with the remains of sticky fingers and dried tartar sauce around the opening. Yuck. We would have loved to tell our server how bad it was, but after dropping off our meals, she did not reappear until it was time to remove my wife's untouched plate. This did not evoke a "how was your meal?" As I think the plate was a giveaway. After several good meals in Daytona, this was a huge disappointment.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

The location and atmosphere were excellent - on the water and all open-air with lots of seating. The menu offered lots of choices for my family of four, including two teenagers; however, the food was just okay. My son's burger was over-cooked, and the alfredo sauce tasted like it was made from a powder. The seafood was good, but cooked with too much salt. Both my husband and I commented on how salty our meals tasted (the mahi mahi sandwich and the seafood stuffed portabello).

The local egret was entertaining, and the wings were tasty, but overall, I'm guessing there are better options in the Daytona Beach/Port Orange area.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

We happened upon this restaurant after trying to go to another one with a 1 hr and a half wait. Great local restaurant. Great food. Wonderful seafood. Nothing fancy. Family friendly. Skip the wait eat in the bar. We got right in! Crab legs were amazing.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 26, 2018

Food is Great & Service is Friendly, Not Pretentious. Boondocks is the Real Deal.
A place where locals & tourists can hang out, even rub shoulders... but it is not 'tourist chic' either, basically just right.
[P.S. Devin is an Awesome Server!]