“Just okay”

Olive Garden
Ranked #26 of 175 Restaurants in Port Orange
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We arrived, a party of six, on the first day of the new year for dinner, and the restaurant was not very crowded, which allowed us to be seated rather quickly. Our waitress eventually came over and while she was nice and polite she did very little to offer suggestions or attempt to sell us anything. After we put in the drinks, someone at the table ordered an asparagus appetizer, we were never told that there would be six pieces of asparagus as the entire appetizer, and had we known we would have likely ordered two for the table. When it came time for dinner, the meals were okay, nothing special and personally I had the soup and salad. I started with the minestrone and it was okay, and then tried some of the chicken soup which had so much salt you couldn't eat it. Salads were not refilled timely and the meals arrived with sides (potatoes and pasta) there were not hot. Overall our experience was one that we have come to expect from the Olive Garden chain - food that id edible but nothing great and service that was completely lackluster.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I worked at the Olive Garden next to the Speedway when it opened 25 plus years ago. I have to say that no matter what state I'm visiting EVERY Olive Garden consistently maintains its food quality & service efficiency this one was no exception. You can't beat the soup salad and yummy bread sticks! We also ordered the appetizer combo. Stuffed mushrooms, stuffed beef ravioli, chicken fingers, were all good. We were seated and served quickly which was great to due the fact we were hungry and in a hurry.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I ate at the Port Orange location with the unlimited Pasta menu and great value. Food was excellent, great selection of Pasta. Added extras and the portions are so large we had meals for the next day. The wait staff were excellent, allowed us to complete our soup and salad before bring us the main entrée. No wait. Pleasant & clean surroundings. The Boss

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Four of us arrived at 1800 on a Sunday. There was a 20 to 30 minute wait. The hostess offered us a booth in the bar, as one had just cleared. It worked out great with one exception. Service was quick and efficient. The meal was good and plentiful. The golf tournament on TVs was an added plus. The only negative that came up was young kids at the bar with their parents waiting for a table. I'm sure management would much rather have drinking adults in those seats and not kids. All in all the plusses far outweighed the one negative. If you are a regular Olive Garden customer, this store is one of the better one's.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I love the new low calorie items. My food was delicious and our waiter was excellent. It was Friday night and the restaurant was packed but that did not result in any delays in getting our food nor the quality of our service. It was raining when we got ready to leave but our waiter encouraged us to stay at our table and wait for it to let up.