“Fun place, and good food!”
Review of Mulligan's Grille

Mulligan's Grille
Ranked #59 of 171 Restaurants in Port Orange
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Mulligan's is a casual restaurant & sports bar. We have a full lunch/dinner menu with many items made from scratch including soups, sauces, salads, desserts, fresh roasted meats, hand cut steaks and more. There is a full liquor bar, lots of domestic & import beers. Live Team Trivia, play for free, with prizes on Monday night, and Karaoke after 9:30pm on Friday & Saturday nights. We have a huge assortment of large screen TV's and many sports channel packages. Unlike a lot of other restaurants, we'll stay open later (not past 2am though) if we have customers watching a game.
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I recently stopped in on a Friday, where "Just George" does karaoke starting at 9:30 p.m. The place was pretty busy with a mixed group of ages. I think that I was the only guy not wearing a baseball cap backwards. Seems to be more of a local place, but a good atmosphere with a lot of tv's. The menu reads: Homemade from scratch," and I had no reason to doubt that. Typical sports bar menu, but I was impressed with the Turkey Reuben and seasoned french fries. Helen was an excellent server, with a great attitude. Plenty of outdoor seating, too.

There are newer reviews for Mulligan's Grille

Reviewed February 10, 2014

To start, the waitstaff was excellent. It wasn't busy but it was just after they opened, 11:00 AM. I ordered a Domestic beer on tap, best beer price in the area, maybe in the State. I settled on the grilled cheese with bacon on rye..fried onion rings that were .95 cents extra. Grilled cheese was good, 1 more slice of bacon would have made it better. Onion rings were very good, a tad greasy. Ordered a bowl of Broccoli Cheese soup to go for my Mom. She said it was okay but she's used to mine. Very reasonable prices & a large menu. Wish they had some Irish dishes like Shepard's Pie & Bangers & Mash.

1  Thank Tootsofdaytona
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and I decided to give Mulligans a try after I spotted an ad in a free local paper. We went on a Wednesday night, there was a guitar player singing classic rock starting at 6 pm, which was an added plus for us. They apparently have blues/jazz on Tuesdays and Karaoke and Trivia other nights. Another added plus...$1 Yuengling drafts from 5-7 Wednesdays....how can you beat that? Mulligans is located in a strip mall by a Big Lots....don't let that unassuming position keep you away. It is your classic Sports bar/cheers type of place with lots of TVs to watch sports. There was a large crowd appearing to be mostly regular customers when we arrived, and the place was busy....always a good sign. There is something on this menu for just about anyone and the prices are ridiculously low for the quality of food and service. We shared appetizers of mozzarella bats and wings, which we had with Mulligans own sauce and grilled. Mozzarella sticks were far better than average, thinner than normal and good quantity perfectly cooked with marinara for dipping. The wings were unbelievable. Definitely try their own sauce for .50 extra...it's awesome. I love wings grilled. These wings were probably the best we have ever had, meaty, perfectly cooked not dried out at all, awesome. My previous favorite were Wally wings at Houligans which are also great but these were even better!
My husband had a Rueben and I had the smothered chicken. They came, as most meals do, with a choice of sides. Most of the sides are homemade. How can you beat that? My husbands Rueben was loaded with tender corned beef and nicely grilled on marbled rye. He had homemade potato salad that he said was terrific. My grilled chicken breast was topped with sautéed mushrooms and onions and melted provolone cheese and was fabulous. The chicken was juicy, tender and again perfectly cooked. Chicken can easily dry out and this was perfect. I had grilled veggies and a Caesar salad for sides and both were great. I highly recommend the grilled veggies. Best veggie side I think I ever have had. We had icy cold draft beers in chilled mugs. Water was happily provided quickly with a smile.

The experience was made all the better by our super server who was,...I think...Jenn. Fast, friendly and super helpful with questions. We found out in conversing with her that she had previously worked at a national chain and wanted to work somewhere that wasn't a chain and had better food. Not only will you pay less at Mulligans, but the food is SO much better than at an Applebee's, Chilis or the like they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. People really need to support these locally owned, non-chain business's as sadly, they are a fading breed.

Is this a fine dining spot? No, and if that's what you want look elsewhere. But if you want delicious, home cooked, unpretentious food, served fast and with a smile don't miss this place. We will no doubt become winter regulars of Mulligans. Salut! Well done.

2  Thank mcjhNE
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We went here for a victory celebration for our favorite local candidate. Sports bar, tv everywhere, not my usual place, but the food was excellent. Decided to go back to try it off the menu, and it was very good. Surprisingly so. We've been several times now. My favorites are the ribeye steak, and Cuban sandwich Hubby likes the soups. Prices are inexpensive.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

A 2 for $20 dinner coupon compelled us to give it a try. We were very pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was totally sports pub with TV's everywhere. The surprise was how good the food was. In addition to the great food, the portions were generous and the service was excellent. This is a hidden gem that the locals all know about.