“Good Comfort Food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was my second visit since opening. A friend and I have the pattern of going to the movies once a week when our schedules permit. Both of our wives have different tastes in movies (and maybe food).
Anyway, it was Veteran's Day and my friend is a veteran. His meal, the Country Fried Sirloin, was free. We knew that the Veteran's Day benefit was offered for lunch, but we were surprised when it was valid at dinner. He could have been charged for the dinner and would not know. I think his sides were Caesar salad and a baked potato. I had the Road Kill dinner which is ground sirloin (with onions, mushroom and cheese). My sides were corn and applesauce. It is supposed to start out at 10-ounces. Cooked it was still ample and good...because of my own habits, I took about half of it home for another day's lunch. Each of us had a 10-ounce glass of draft beer (Yuengling as I recall). My full price meal was somewhere around $12 total with beer. My veteran friend was less. Service was efficient and good, so I believe we each left 20% on the value of the meal. Like many restaurants of today, this is not a quiet place. Servers dance in the aisles from time to time. Music background is loud. Then we were off to the 14-screen movies across the parking lot!

1  Thank fltraveler07

Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you have a large group of people just go anyplace else. They can not handle over about six people at a time. I have been there two times with a party of eight and both times the orders were so messed up it ruined our dinners. The last time one persons dinner did not even arrive until after everyone else was finished.
They do have truly great food and the service is prompt. But I just went there Saturday and the girl did not bring bread until I had to ak for it. There were only two of us and although the food was very good. The extreme noise from the goofy music did not allow us to have a conversation. I will probably not go there any more.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I were coming back from an activity and decided to have dinner out.

We stopped at this restaurant near our home. Arrived on a Thursday at about 6:45 PM. Seated immediately.

Very friendly waitress. Explained menu clearly. Brought beverages promptly.

NOTE: Hot bread served on the table BUT it is prepared with a fair amount of sugar so beware.

They also have "all you can eat" roasted peanuts available free of charge.

We ordered one full rack of ribs (naked-no sauce). Tasty but a little dry. We prefer not to have the sweet sauce on the ribs. Served with two sides (string beans and sweet potato was our choice). We shared the entree and sides. Plenty for the two of us.

Waitress was exceptionally friendly and attentive. Brought more beverages when ours were low. She also explained the special entree on Wednesday at $8.99 (steak and shrimp). It sounds good and we will be going back for that. (Ask for Bradi the waitress.)

Total, including tip, with no liquor or soft drinks, was about $23.

Restaurant a bit noisy so be aware of that if you are looking for someplace quiet but my wife and I were able to have a conversation in normal voice anyway.

As mentioned, we will be going back.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the minute we entered the restaurant we were treated exceptionally...from the hostess to our waiter, Jonathan who was very attentive.. The manager, Alison came over to visit our table a couple of times to check if everything was OK. We ordered the 'road kill' which is a smothered ground chuck with onions, mushrooms & gravy with 2 sides. It was delicious and the home baked rolls are to die for. We will absolutely be coming back soon. PS...love the line dancing from the waiters & waitresses & the buckets of peanuts on the tables.

3  Thank BrandiGirl01
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Labor day afternoon and there was a 20 minute wait. We always get great food and service here so we decided to wait. As usual we were not disappointed. Even with a full house the meal was delivered timely, the service was right on top of things, and, the steaks were perfect.

2  Thank Rick A