“Excellent Stay!!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at this Country Inn & Suites many nights over a couple of months. Always friendly, clean and reasonable to work with. This has become my new hotel of choice for when ever I am traveling anywhere. I hope that we get the same service and quality at the next Country Inn we stay at. Convenient location also, just off I-95. Easy access to area attractions. Thank you to the staff for your excellent service!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

I am so glad that we were able to take care of you while you were in our area. Thank you for taking the time to write about your visits on Trip Advisor.

My team is the reason that we are a multiple award winning hotel. They take great pride in the service and product that we provide. I could not do it with out them!

We look forward to seeing you again here soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

What a find and a pleasant stop after travelling all day. We were heading for Daytona to visit the Ponce de Leon Lighthouse. Kevin Archer, the manager, greeted us with his friendly smile. He was most helpful when we asked for food delivery options. There were cookies and apples available at all times. The room was spacious and very clean (clean is very important to me) The bed was very comfortable. The air conditioner was quiet. It is located right off I-95, exit 256. We were a bit nervous about the interstate noise, but we didn't hear a sound - well insulated. It is a little tricky to find. After the exit go east to Daytona, turn right at the first stop light, turn right away again at the Shell Station, follow the road back to the motel. It is close to the restaurants, shopping mall, theatres and a CVS within walking distant. Breakfast was available in the morning. Overall, very satisfied and would stay there again without hesitation. Price was right for the area, too.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our award winning hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is a pleasure reading the nice words that you wrote. I will be sure to let Kevin Arcieri know of your kind remarks regarding him.

There is so much to do in our area and I am glad that you had the opportunity to visit the Light House while you were in the area. May I suggest taking a tour of Angel & Phelps (a chocolate lovers dream) located in Daytona Beach or visit the shops on Flagler Avenue in New Smyrna Beach.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We just arrived home from a brief stay at this hotel and have decided that if all the Country Inn & Suites are a great as this one, it's absolutely our hotel of choice when travelling in the future....and positively our hotel of choice in the Port Orange/Daytona Beach area !!! It's lovely inside and out !! The room is beautiful, comfortable, and spotlessly clean! All of the staff we encountered were exceptionally friendly and helpful!! The breakfast is one of the best with more choices than so many of the other chains' usually offer. We stayed in a king-bed room and found it perfect for our needs. No slamming doors as others enter or leave their rooms either!!! It's right off I-95 with everything in the area that you could possibly want or need as far as stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you very much Brenda for taking the time to write such a glowing review of my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona Beach. It is so nice to know that we have satisfied yet another guest!

I do hope that you take advantage of other Country Inn & Suites when you travel. If you have not yet joined please consider becoming a member of Club Carlson so that you can earn points on your hotel stays!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Super clean, outstanding service, reasonably priced, excellent breakfast, eggs, sauage, french toast, waffles, oatmeal, grits, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, assorted yogurts, muffins, etc., what else could you possibly want!!! Stayed there before and plan on staying again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our stop over hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is a pleasure reading such nice words from our guests.

I hope that on your next trip you make us your Destination! There is plenty to do here in the Daytona Beach/New Smyrna Beach area and we would love to take of you!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We love the Country Inn And Suites brand of hotels and this one is no exception. Clean, nice rooms, great pool area. This one had a terrific breakfast, one of the best we've had. Two ladies helping to keep the area stocked and clean. It would get 5 stars except the 1 bedroom suite was the smallest we'd had. There was hardly room between the beds and the dresser with the tv. We felt a little crammed. Overall we would stay there again.

1  Thank Jackie S

Thank you for taking some of your time and thinking of the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona while writing this review.

I am sorry that you felt the suite was a little small as compared to other hotels. Might I suggest the next time that you visit our property you reserve a Studio Suite as they are larger.

I look forward to meeting you on your return trip to our area!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were looking for something inexpensive for just a night and stumbled upon this hotel. It is easily accessible from the interstate, there is a Target, Starbucks and plenty of places to eat. The staff was very friendly and the check in was quick.
The room was very nice and clean. The decor is trendy and makes the room look great- everything seems to be updated. We needed extra pillows and blankets- there was plenty neatly bagged together in the closet. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

I would like to say I have the utmost respect for you based on your Trip Advisor name. I have two children that are 19 months apart and that is difficult enough!

Thank you for finding the time to write a review for my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is a pleasure hearing that our guests are happy with the service and accommodations that we provide.

I hope to meet you when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

While traveling to Orlando, we decided to spend the night since our hotel in the Disney area was not reserved til the next morning. Our daughter was trying to locate something that was not going to cost us a arm and a leg. After a short while and just plain tired, we saw Country Inn and Suites. My husband decided to check and see if there were any rooms available, as I called out to remind him to check the room out first. As I remembered a trip YEARS AGO that did not have a clean appearance, needless to say he did not. My first impression of the hotel was good, The desk clerk was very personable. Lobby was very clean . Upon entering the room I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room as well as the bathroom being immaculate!!!!! I loved the decor of the room as well as the vanity in the bathroom.As a matter of fact, I will say that our room was as big as the the one at the Disney property we stayed at and the price was double, maybe triple of what we paid here. The breakfast was fine for us. We did enjoy dinner at Auntie Catfish. (I think that was the name). We were there on July 10th in 414 and our daughter and grandsons in the room next door, Rooms were sound proof. Will stay again and will recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

It is nice being compared with any Disney property. Thank you very much for considering the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona in the realm of quality.

I am glad that your stopover in Port Orange was as good as it was. Aunt Catfish is a great local restaurant that serves up some great home cooked dishes.

We hope that on your next trip back to the Sunshine State you make the Daytona/New Smyrna Beach area your destination and you make our hotel your home while here!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Orange / Daytona
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites O...
#9 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
5 mi away
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!