Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 4, 2013

What a wonderful hotel to stay at. It's almost brand new, staff is excellent, rooms beautiful and super clean. It is located just off I-95 so easy in and out. One could not ask for anything more and "I will be back".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Wow - Thank you for such a glowing review of my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. Please let all of your friends & family know of how we took care of you while you were here.

I do hope that on your return visit you take advantage of our Read & Return Library and have a nice relaxing afternoon by our pool or on the beach.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Almost had an issue at check in. Most hotels i have stayed in will take cash deposits. It was almost an issue but a manager was able to make an exception and allow a cash deposit. It is strange though. If you are traveling with cash this might be an issue. Call ahead. We would have returned another night (we have been staying in various hotels this week) but we didn't want to have to hassle with deposits and credit cards. The bed was decent. Clean but not the most soft bed. The staff was always friendly and i was impressed by how well dressed they were this was on the afternoon of 10/26. They handled the deposit situation well and in a timely manner. We appreciated it. The lobby is cute and comfortable. The location is ok, just off of the highway which is convenient. Surprisingly quiet area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenAndKi
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that my associate was able to handle the cash opportunity with you. We do not like to accept cash at check in so that we can maintain a Safe and Secure environment for both my guests and my associates. We will, however, take this form of payment as you depart the hotel.

I do hope that the next time you are in our area you have the opportunity to check out the shops located on Flagler Avenue in New Smyrna Beach. They also have ample restaurants to choose from as well.

We look forward to taking care of you soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked a 2 night stay at this hotel and were pleasantly surprised by the friendly and helpful staff at the check-in desk. On numerous occasions, Kevin went above and beyond to assist and answer our questions in great detail. When the hot water pot was empty and I needed a cup of tea, he willingly left his desk to re-fill the pot! That's what I consider exceptional customer service.

The hotel is a newer hotel and it is very clean. The rooms are nicely decorated and furnished. It's located right of the I-95 and is on a main road and there are lots of restaurants to choose from. There is a Starbucks, Panera Bread, and Target all within minutes of this hotel. There are also numerous restaurants to choose from. The beach is approximately 20 minutes. Be sure to catch the sunrise (if possible). We paid $5 for parking and it was good for any beach nearby, which is great for discovering the different beaches/parks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Well thank you for taking the tie to write a review on my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is a pleasure reading comments such as yours regarding both hotel and my staff.

I will be sure to let Kevin know of your kind words regarding the service that he provided to you. He is a good guy and we are lucky to have him here with us.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future and please keep us in mind when your family and friends are looking for a place to visit.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is everything you would expect from a chain hotel, but better. While it may not have the luxuries of an expensive boutique hotel, it is clean from the lobby to the rooms. The service is staff is friendly and helpful. Beds are comfortable and the rooms include free wi-fi. The free breakfast consists of a rotating array of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, juices, waffles, and some sort of hot option. There is nothing particularly special about the hotel, but unlike many of chains like it, I have absolutely no complaints. The location is right off 95, which was perfect for my work location but a 10 minute (or more) drive from the beach areas.

Room Tip: One stay, I had a room near the elevator and was not bothered at all by elevator or foot traffic noi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is nice hearing from guests such as yourself who we have been able to win over.

I am glad that we are close to your job. If you need anything else my staff will be happy to provide suggestions for dinner, entertainment locations or directions to the best local beach.

Thank you again!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Thank you again and again and again. We stayed with you in Port Orange Country Inn & Suites in March and August of 2013 as well as trips in 2012. Aside from the hotel's attractive appearance, facilities and amenities, the incredible staff makes all the difference. Every member of the staff knows the job, is professional and courteous, and really cares about the comfort of the guests. The selection process for the staff must be very effective. In particular, we would like to recognize Lauren, the assistant general manager, Tom the general manager, and Shane of the maintenance staff for their personal attention and good wishes.

They know we will be visiting again and again. We'll see you this November!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

How do I respond to such a nice review of the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona and of my staff? You have gone above and beyond. Thank you for such nice words. We really appreciate it.

We look forward to serving you and all of your family and friends whenever their travels lead them to our area!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a very clean and newer hotel. All the staff I ran into were extremely friendly, Kevin, kiley, and corin. Sorry for any misspelled names. Each and every staff member I saw were always busy cleaning something, wiping walls, fixing the mulch, cleaning the railing near the pool area. We had a great breakfast every morning. Very nice pool and spa area. Great location, right off of I 95. Close to Daytona beaches. The price was also excellent. I would defiantly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tammy C

Well us Pennsylvanians need to stick together. I am from Lancaster County. Thank you very much fro taking the time to write such a nice review of my hotel and my staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I have shared this with them and they are genuinely excited that they were part of making your stay here unique.

We look forward to introducing you to the rest of South East Volusia County on your return visit!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I really loved the idea of a suite. It all the comforts of home minus a dining room. The staff was wonderful. I had trouble connecting to wI-fi. The young man at the front desk came to our room almost immediately and helped me. What a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

I am glad that your first visit to our fair city was a positive one. I am so glad that my desk staff were able to assist you with the WiFi issue that you encountered. We love helping people with life's everyday opportunities.

We can not wait until you send all of your friends and family back to stay with us. Just think what a coup it would be for you to garner all the positive remarks back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Orange / Daytona
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites O...
#9 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#7 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!